San Pedro (dis)embarkation - any issues with Uber?

KurtMo

Just checking to see if Uber works fine for transport / dropoff to San Pedro cruise terminal (Royal Princess), and also for pickup after disembarkation?  I've heard some ports make this difficult for Uber or Lyft (presumably for security or congestion reasons).

We board Royal Princess on 3/30.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, goofy559 said:

We used it recently (end of Feb) - sent hubby to pick up rental car.  No issues at all.

Is there a designated meeting place for the ride sharing services?   I think we are using berth 93 on an upcoming cruise.  

9 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Is there a designated meeting place for the ride sharing services?   I think we are using berth 93 on an upcoming cruise.  

It seemed to know we were at Pier 92 when I ordered the ride.  We stood under the big sign and just kept an eye out for our driver - lots of folks were waiting for cars but it was quite orderly

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KurtMo said:

Just checking to see if Uber works fine for transport / dropoff to San Pedro cruise terminal (Royal Princess), and also for pickup after disembarkation?  I've heard some ports make this difficult for Uber or Lyft (presumably for security or congestion reasons).

Here’s my experiences with UBER. The pick up at LAX is with a lot of people & drivers. I call the driver & let them know what I’m wearing so it’s easy to find me. 

The turn off for the cruise terminal is tricky as it comes up fast. I’ve found that many drivers have never been there before so you need to keep watching for the turnoff otherwise you’ll have a ride across the St. Thomas bridge. I’ve also had to direct the driver once off the freeway as to how to get to the cruise terminal. 

Returning you may find drivers that have never been there before. 

Do not use the Pool returning from the terminal. 

I have never had any problems using UBER to & from San Pedro & there is a spot at both LAX & San Pedro for UBER/LYFT. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve never had to wait very long. You may have a driver that has never been there before. 

Tom😎

Thanks.  We fly into LGB often and we have found that the past two times we have had to wait over 30 minutes for Uber.  These days were also cruise days, so I was curious if that was why the delay at the airport.  After the cruise I don't mind waiting for Uber, especially if it means we do not have to take a taxi.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Amy G said:

Thanks.  We fly into LGB often and we have found that the past two times we have had to wait over 30 minutes for Uber.  These days were also cruise days, so I was curious if that was why the delay at the airport.  After the cruise I don't mind waiting for Uber, especially if it means we do not have to take a taxi.

We are flying into and out of LGB as well.  We have no worries about waiting for Uber at the airport to get to the port as our flight time gives us plenty of extra time.  

However, on the way out, our flight leaves at 11:30 .... 

We plan on requesting early walk off and hopefully, will have no luggage to check.   We've been told we'd probably be ok if we got to the airport by 10 AM.  We are planning on Uber / Lyft and hoping that is not cutting it too close.  Others have chimed in and stated we should be fine.  I am hoping waiting for an Uber is not going to hold us up.  

8 hours ago, KurtMo said:

We have used Uber/Lyft to/from probably 15 plus times with no issues.

The usual pickup area is right in front of the terminal at the outer curb.

I try and come out of the terminal with my bags and turn right walking through the exit gates and wait near the main entrance so the driver can pick me up without entering the fence line and driving through the entire port road to the terminal.

• Like 1