Interested in booking the Marriott Biscayne Bay ... possibly

Tweedy

We fly into Miami on the 12th and are sailing out of Miami on the 13th.

Currently we are booked into the Hilton Blue Lagoon Airport hotel for the one night stay.  When I originally booked this hotel, we were arriving later in the evening so hoping on the airport shuttle was convenient.  The hotel also offers a port shuttle which has to be booked upon arrival.  Our flight has now changed and we are expected to arrive earlier in the day  (late morning) so I thought it would be nice to stay closer to downtown.  I will be using points and of the 10 or so hotels I looked up and short listed, the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay was the only hotel with 2 double beds available for the Friday night before our cruise that met my points criteria.

Having never stayed in Miami (we've always flown in/sailed out of FLL), I've come to research your expertise to see if we would be wise to change hotels or stay with the one already booked.  Any advise is gladly received.

Switch to the Marriott - arriving early you have a chance to see and experience something of Miami.  Not as many dining options nearby as you'd find in the Mary Brickell area, but some are within walking distance and all of Miami is just a short Uber ride away.  Some rooms offer a view of the port! 😎  You'll be bored stuck out near the MIA airport.

45 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Switch to the Marriott - arriving early you have a chance to see and experience something of Miami.  Not as many dining options nearby as you'd find in the Mary Brickell area, but some are within walking distance and all of Miami is just a short Uber ride away.  Some rooms offer a view of the port! 😎  You'll be bored stuck out near the MIA airport.

This!!

I cancelled the airport hotel and booked the Marriott.  I see there is a stop across the street for the city bus tour which we will likely do in the afternoon and I’ll get to see South Beach and all the Art Deco.  Three weeks until we arrive... looking forward to it.

We always stay at the Marriott at Biscayne  Bay.  The staff is amazing - they even remember you if you come back.  We've gotten upgraded twice to beautiful suites and the breakfast buffet is fantastic. I you are a walker get up in the morning and walk across the bridge to see the beautiful houses on the island.  You can also see all the ships in the morning from the hotel.

We did the same thing and are now booked at Marriott Biscayne Bay for the same night.  

I see the breakfast is good but has anyone eaten at the restaurant at night?  

Would you eat dinner there are take an uber somewhere else?  If so what restaurant would anyone recommend that is not too far away?