Cruise Mapping

UkeT3

Has anyone found a good on line mapping program that allows you to enter your embarkation, port of calls and debarkation locations?  I would love to put together my own maps of where we cruise from, to and include the names of the port cities. 

3 hours ago, UkeT3 said:

Has anyone found a good on line mapping program that allows you to enter your embarkation, port of calls and debarkation locations?  I would love to put together my own maps of where we cruise from, to and include the names of the port cities. 

I wish.  So far all I've got is Google My Maps, and that has its limitations.  Interested to hear if someone chimes in.

Try using Tripit.com and create an account.

Every email you get for hotel, cruise, flights, reservations, etc, you just forward the emails to your Tripit account(they will give you a specific email address for your account).

It organizes everything by date with Ph. #s, addresses, Conf. #s, costs,  etc that it can gleam from all the emails.

You can add Notes, Maps and directions to the Tripit Itinerary.

As an added bonus, it also creates a map

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks for the input.  I was hoping to find a mapping system that actually shows the route.  RCCL used to show those back in the day.  But this will work.  I could edit the map and add lines as best as I can figure.  Again, thanks for the information.

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, rluzius said:

Try using Tripit.com and create an account.

Every email you get for hotel, cruise, flights, reservations, etc, you just forward the emails to your Tripit account(they will give you a specific email address for your account).

It organizes everything by date with Ph. #s, addresses, Conf. #s, costs,  etc that it can gleam from all the emails.

You can add Notes, Maps and directions to the Tripit Itinerary.

As an added bonus, it also creates a map

Capture.JPG

I used Tripit a number of years ago and don't remember why I gave it up. Worth giving it a try. 

Kieth, your posts have been very helpful to me over the years, so I hope I can help you regarding TripIt. 

I use TripIt for all my trips. It’s great for planning and organizing, and I can share access with my wife so she has everything as well. It syncs with the calendar on my iPhone too. 

It it is free, although there is a premium version that I think is $49/year. That gives you more alerts about flight delays, etc. 

It doesn't access your mailbox, you forward travel-related emails such as flight and hotel confirmations and it imports them to “build” your itinerary. It’s quite accurate as well and handles almost every type of email confirmation. 

16 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I looked at tripit.

So you pay for the service?

And it looks at all of your incoming e-mail?

Why would you give them access to your e-mail inbox?

Keith

As the above poster says, it doesn't look at your email.  You choose which email confirmations you send to them.  And the non-premium one is free.  When I travel a lot, I pay for the premium, right now I just use the free one, and have for years.

13 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Kieth, your posts have been very helpful to me over the years, so I hope I can help you regarding TripIt. 

I use TripIt for all my trips. It’s great for planning and organizing, and I can share access with my wife so she has everything as well. It syncs with the calendar on my iPhone too. 

It it is free, although there is a premium version that I think is $49/year. That gives you more alerts about flight delays, etc. 

It doesn't access your mailbox, you forward travel-related emails such as flight and hotel confirmations and it imports them to “build” your itinerary. It’s quite accurate as well and handles almost every type of email confirmation. 

Thank you so much CruiseFromMaine....This is a big help to me.   When I went on to create an account I was concerned about the e-mails and that is great to know and will give this a shot.  On our last couple of World Cruise and other Blogs I do I used the Google to create a map and would like to try Tripit to compare which one is easier to create.

Many thanks,

Keith

On 8/25/2019 at 6:33 AM, indigosea said:

Hello Keith

I found printable maps on the port info which seems like enough to get around immediate area anyway. Hope it helps. 

indigosea....thank  you so much.  Yes they are good port maps.  Since the thread was about creating a map for ones travel that is what through off about the site. It wouldn't help there but yes if one wants a port map it is very useful.  Many thanks.

Keith