Do 7/11 stores in Florida (Miami) sell wine?

dstein

Our pre-cruise hotel (Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Midtown) just happens to be across the street from a 7/11 store.  Is 7/11 allowed to sell wine in Florida, or will we have to go to (at least) a Publix and perhaps even a package store? 

I don't have expectations of great choices at 7/11, but given that we're arriving late in the evening the convenience of not having to go far is attractive.

Yes, the 7-11 will have a small amount of wine for sale.  As you know, not a great selection and all cheap wine.

You are also close to a Target which is at the Shops at Midtown and they sell wine there.   Any Publix will also have a decent wine selection.

Thanks for the confirmation, and also mentioning Target.  I'd overlooked that when looking around Google Maps and not only is that a better choice, but it also puts us near BlackBrick, which is a restaurant that looks pretty interesting!

You're welcome.  The shops at midtown are great.  

There is an amazing restaurant called SugarCane that is right there. 

Blackbrick is also excellent.

If you are looking for some place fun to have a glass of wine and listen to live music, close by.... 

Lagniappe is fun. You grab a bottle of wine from their big selection and pay at the counter.  Prices are really good.

http://www.lagniappehouse.com

11 hours ago, riffatsea said:

We are also staying there so thanks for all the information!!

You are welcome!  

Design District is a really cool area to walk around and is also very close. 

Ha!  My local 7/11 sells one of my favorite inexpensive chardonnays Clos du Bois!  I used to buy it after we'd get off work LATE.  

I think it depends on the individual store and neighborhood as to how good the wine choice.  

• 2 weeks later...

CJSKIDS:  We're on board Mariner right now and wanted to give you a huge "Thanks" for the suggestion of Lagnieppe.  What an awesome place!  Great vibe, great food (a great chimichurri sauce to go with the churassco, and the French fries are right up there with the Best Ever), and great prices.  The fact that it was literally just a couple hundred feet from where we were staying was an added bonus. 

In the end, we didn't end up buying any wine at all as boarding w/o two bottles weighing down the backpack sounded pretty attactive.  We'll make up for it with drink onboard, I'm sure!

1 hour ago, dstein said:

CJSKIDS:  We're on board Mariner right now and wanted to give you a huge "Thanks" for the suggestion of Lagnieppe.  What an awesome place!  Great vibe, great food (a great chimichurri sauce to go with the churassco, and the French fries are right up there with the Best Ever), and great prices.  The fact that it was literally just a couple hundred feet from where we were staying was an added bonus. 

In the end, we didn't end up buying any wine at all as boarding w/o two bottles weighing down the backpack sounded pretty attactive.  We'll make up for it with drink onboard, I'm sure!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!!  

I was due to be there Saturday and ended up in Little Havana instead.

Enjoy every moment of your cruise!  Wishing you calm seas, great weather and lots of fun!