Transfer from cruise ship to airport.

Booman14

Hello all,

I have a quick question about the "Norwegian Arranged" transfers from the ship to the airport after the cruise.

Is it worth the money or is it better to take a cab or uber?  

I have been on arranged transfers before that was just terrible. They try to stuff 50 people on a bus made for 25.  

Any help would be appreciated.

I used this option in January. Got off the Jade in Miami and had reserved a seat on the bus for $16.  The ride was great and got us to the airport in plenty of time for our flights (we were a group of 4 travelling separately).

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

We have always used taxis. It was much faster and usually cheaper. 

I have used taxis to go from port to the following airports:

Seattle, New Orleans, LGA, Miami, FLL.

Edited by Peachypooh

25 minutes ago, Booman14 said:

Hello all,

I have a quick question about the "Norwegian Arranged" transfers from the ship to the airport after the cruise.

Is it worth the money or is it better to take a cab or uber?  

I have been on arranged transfers before that was just terrible. They try to stuff 50 people on a bus made for 25.  

Any help would be appreciated.

I have only done cruise line transfers twice, and in both cases, they were SUPER conservative with their times, and we were at the airport way to early (meaning in many cases, we could have spent more time onboard that last morning).  From Civitavecchia to the Rome-area airport was perhaps a few bucks cheaper.  But I'd still rather pay a cab and leave on MY schedule.

We are going on the Breakaway out of Miami this fall.  Norwegian has arranged the air and transfers.  I just emailed my TA and asked to see if we could come in the day before and she said that was no problem.  She credited back my transfer for the arrival, but kept the transfer on the day we return.  I don't believe I have ever had a good experience with a prearranged transfer...  I just wanted to see others experiences with this.

NCL wanted $60 each for a transfer from the port to the airport in Rome.  Leaves in the early morning and we have a 1:00 flight...booked a car and driver through Viator for $180...definately worth the extra $60 for a car over a bus and a bit more control over our departure time.

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

Traveling solo, I have found that the NCL bus transfers work well for me.

Same here, especially from Miami. You walk out of the terminal the bus is right there, couldn't be easier. With my family I have used Jiffy Jeff, great service, but we had a longer walk to the vehicle. My transfers have been to Ft Lauderdale airport. NCL didn't wait to fill the bus before leaving.

In San Juan I used the city tour and transfer excursion at the end of the cruise, great tour and value. Luggage was lined up outside the terminal when we arrived, so easy. If you have the shore excursion the credit the $50 would be applied towards this option. I don't think the credit applies for the standard transfer service.

My mother and I will use the NCL transfer when arriving in Barcelona for our Mediterranean cruise. If I can book a tour/transfer post cruise we'll use the credit to offset some cost. If our flight is too early for the tour option we'll just use the NCL standard transfer.