Live on the Edge

cruisingxpert

I admire anyone who blogs on their cruise and have no idea how they find the time.  We just left our last port and are sailing back to Fort Lauderdale.

A few comments

Beautiful ship

BEST internet ever on a cruise 

Entertainment  has been very good - have gone to 3 shows

Sky Suite layout very nice - they have put a door on the tub/shower and left the shower curtain.

Staff are very good and Captain is a comedian.

Not so good

The balcony furniture  that everyone has talked about.  Still no coffee table  to replace the rocker.

Luminae is very pretty but food is mediocre- just my opinion.

My butler is certainly not one of the ones that many of you have raved   about.

Any questions I will try to answer but not with the speed vtcruising did😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello: Hope you are enjoying your time on the Edge still. We are in FLL now waiting for a cruise tomorrow so will miss the Edge by one day.

I have a few questions. Take your time! I re-read my 1st Edge live review a couple of weeks ago and realized that I missed some questions completely :classic_sad:. I was so busy and the questions were coming very quickly (over 1200 posts!).  

Which suite are you in? Two others on your cruise have posted about butlers - it sounds like the starboard side might be the better side? 😉 

Is the shower leaky?

Did you get a lounger for your balcony?

How do you like the Retreat?  The Lounge? The Sundeck?  Luminae?

How has the music been? Too loud?

How do you like Eden? The Martini Bar?

Any Magic Carpet dinners?

Edge favorites?

Thanks! Hope you have great weather the rest of the way!🙂

On 3/29/2019 at 4:53 PM, vtcruising said:

Hello: Hope you are enjoying your time on the Edge still. We are in FLL now waiting for a cruise tomorrow so will miss the Edge by one day.

I have a few questions. Take your time! I re-read my 1st Edge live review a couple of weeks ago and realized that I missed some questions completely :classic_sad:. I was so busy and the questions were coming very quickly (over 1200 posts!).  

Which suite are you in? Two others on your cruise have posted about butlers - it sounds like the starboard side might be the better side? 😉 

Is the shower leaky?  No and water pressure is great

Did you get a lounger for your balcony? Yes, after the butler said I couldn't have one for safety reasons and I said B.S.

How do you like the Retreat?  The Lounge? The Sundeck?  Luminae?  All were wonderful but I do feel sorry for those not in a suite because the whole front of ship is off limits for them.  Food was good in Luminae but I was expecting a bit better.

How has the music been? Too loud?  Not too bad except for the specialty restaurants.  The noise takes away any ambience

How do you like Eden? The Martini Bar?  Eden is a lovely spot but the wandering Edenists are not my style.  Only went to Martini Bar once - I like a more intimate bar setting. It seemed like a big hotel lobby

Any Magic Carpet dinners? Not that I saw.  Did have a few drinks there and it does have some great views.  Went there first day and saw the staff trying to grab the pillows before they flew away.

Edge favorites? The Retreat Deck,  Bar and pool. Loungers and chairs are wonderful - much nicer than regular loungers

The Captain was a riot.  Glad you said to go see him - I went to his navigation seminar not expecting much- boy was I wrong

Don't usually go to shows but I was really surprised at how good the guest entertainers were.  The Runaround Boys and Marcus Tyrell were wonderful

Room was great. We were in 9183 and had friends in 9177 and 9191.  9191 has a pole on the balcony and I never noticed til the last day but our balcony didn't have those dividers you can open on one side..  9191 loved their butler and we and 9177 - not so much.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:53 PM, vtcruising said:

Thanks! Hope you have great weather the rest of the way!🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting your very helpful review. I’ll board Edge later this month, though not in a suite😉 Your butler sounds just as helpful as ours was, years ago. That experience was so underwhelming that we haven’t sailed in a suite since. I’m looking forward to the live music & shows, so I’m happy to see your positive report😊

Edited by Silkroad

I should mention something else for any weird people like myself who never go anywhere without their pillow.

They were the best pillows ever on a cruise.  I even packed my own pillow up on the last night of the cruise and had no problem sleeping .  The beds are a little firmer than I like but were still comfortable.

• Thanks 1