Live on harmony 3/29-4/7/19

We are on the ship while this’s live I only have a phone so copy’s does pics will be limited  we are in a GS cabin, just me and DW this time. It is a rare9 night cruise stopping at labadee, Nassau, st Thomas, st Maarten, PR waiting in SL, furniture is worn out our m&m has 307 people signed up a sail awY meet up after muster wipe out bar, meet up at first happy hour sabor and slot pull   Glad to have you aboard. Time for a mimosa   

• Like 1

The sail away meet up had 6 people. Terrible considering 307 are registered for m&m. But everyone was very friendly  had the worst margarita from the wipeout bar... one sip and told them to keep it did ne’er at coastal kitchen, Lawrence is our waiter for the trip, he was our server in December, the best. Mohammed is one of Concierge’s, he is super nice and remembered our names. Henry is the CK chef. Super nice. I asked him if we could have calamari appetizer, which is not on CK menu, but is on mdr menu- he said of course. Filet mignon was excellent  tomorrow. Nassau is tomorrow, we will probably stay on the ship. Our room steward forgot to leave us tomorrow’s compass , not a good start to the week watching Indiana  vs Boston   Tight game

Edited by sisocialworker

Good morning. We are at Nassau,  we are in gs 11250. Great sleep last night, bed is firm, but comfortable  last night billy Joel tunes at schooner bar, very good .  The tub in the gs bathroom is a nightmare to navigate for an old person like me or anyone short it’sver deeper not levelwith the bathroom floor.  So you gotta kinda step up to step down. Also he floor of the tip very slippery especially when wet... these two issue are an accident waiting to happen.  The tv is way too big considering how close it is to the sitting area .  For us we will stick with OS cabins.  The staffing this ship are great. Always get a greeting from all staff... room steward greAts us by name as do all staff in CK and SL. The SL seems empty, no problem getting a seat by the window to have an excellent martini with elite vodka thanks @andycfor turning me on to it  despite ir being a spring break season, kids are not a problem, demographic seems very European   Today’s agenda is walk around the ship, take a brief walk down the pier, relax. Tonight Henry, CK chef is making us special Indian food.  Tomorrow he is making us ox tails, African style- kinda like a specialty restaurant within a specialty restaurant.... Mary is the bar tender- she is great... knows our names and makes a great martini and margarita 

23 hours ago, sisocialworker said:

Same menu in CK as when I was on in dec

Just to clear this up.  We were on Allure two weeks ago and CK had a different menu every night. Is this not the case on Harmony?  Do they only have one or two menus for the entire week?  We are on Harmony in Sep. and plan to eat at CK, but not if it's the same menu nightly.

Thanks for the info. 

49 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Just to clear this up.  We were on Allure two weeks ago and CK had a different menu every night. Is this not the case on Harmony?  Do they only have one or two menus for the entire week?  We are on Harmony in Sep. and plan to eat at CK, but not if it's the same menu nightly.

Thanks for the info. 

Thanks for the post about the Menu on the Allure in CK. That is changing every day.

You made me very happy.

Sorry for the thread Hijcack, but well, sorry.

Thanks  

Safe travels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks for the info. 

Pretty sure the original 2 menu system was created because Royal didn't plan on folks eating there every night. People complained. So it went from 2 fantastic menus to 7 mediocre menus. 😉

• Like 1

Today’s/night recap. Rain all day and no sun in Nassau.  Breakfast in CK was good and relaxing. Walked all over the ship in the morning and early afternoon hoping the rain would stop, it didn’t. Had a bravo and saw them take someone off the ship by ambulance. Took a nap. At SL by 5:30 much more crowded than day one... I blame the rain. Met a couple from cruise critic. Dinner in CK amazing. Henry made us curry lamb , dal, vindaloo paneer nice and spicy.... after up to schooner bar, met another cruise critic couple piano planner did about an hour and half of Elton John songs...a good time. Then back to SL for drinks, pretty empty? Staff alwYs friendly and greeted by name. Tomorrow is the meet and mingle... 307 signed up, I guess about a 100 show up- which would be big tomorrow dinner in CK is Philippine food, beef in peanut sauces do whatever else Henry makes. The Italian cheese cake was amazing he made for me