Norway Fjords Tender Ports

GerScot

I did a fjord cruise some time ago but for the life of me cannot remember which if any were tender ports. On our next cruise we will be visiting Bergen,Alesund, Geiranger, and Stavanger. Anyone know if any of these are tenders as I am trying to work out times for private excursions?

We did this cruise last year.  All were docked.  Alesund might be the only query as the dock space is limited so might be a first come first served thing.  Geiranger - I understand Celebrity were major contributors to the extending dock and so get priority.  But if that isn't true then only one ship can physically dock there.

18 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

Geiranger - I understand Celebrity were major contributors to the extending dock and so get priority.  But if that isn't true then only one ship can physically dock there.

Yes, we used the extending, wooden platform the last time we docked there. Can’t remember what happened in Alesund.

Did this trip last September.  None of the ports required tendering.  The port in Lerwick, Shetland Islands is small so if there are more than a couple of ships on the same day, somebody is going to be using a tender (that did occur when we were there to another ship).

BTW the scenery was GLORIOUS, but, with the exception of Geiranger, most of the ports were not particularly interesting.   We nearly always stop for a drink or lunch while in port.  On this cruise we did not - the prices were insanely high.

Keep your eye on this situation which may end up removing Dublin from this itinerary.  https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cut-back-on-cruise-ship-numbers-in-dublin-port-could-devastate-tourism-1.3842348