Fascination Porthole Room

Mm13

Has anyone booked a porthole room lately that can comment on whether or not it smelled like cigarette smoke? I was going through room reviews and noticed many reviews suggesting that the porthole rooms smelled of cigarette smoke due to the location of the AC vents. Thanks in advance.

I stayed in an ocean view on Fascination last June and didn’t notice a stale smell. In fact the AC worked really well circulating the air. Hence my surprise and concern after reading reviews about cigarette smell from the air vents.

Mm13, I'm glad you mentioned that you stayed in an ocean view room on the Fascination last year.  We are to be in the same type of room this coming Sunday on the Fascination for the first time.  I cannot stand smoke, so this was good to read.

As for the portholes, I have done at least one of them, but not on the Fascination (as I said first time here), but another Carnival ship, and didn't noticed any smoke smell.  Actually I liked (don't laugh) the port hole, and crawled/climbed up and sat in it! 🙂 The picture turned out neat seeing us sit in the port hole. 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 6:01 PM, Mm13 said:

I stayed in an ocean view on Fascination last June and didn’t notice a stale smell. In fact the AC worked really well circulating the air. Hence my surprise and concern after reading reviews about cigarette smell from the air vents.

We are on an aft facing ocean view over the 4th of July this year. Looking forward to it!

We were on the inspiration just a few weeks ago same ship class (I believe) and we had a porthole room U15 to be exact and man oh man the cigarette smoke was horrendous especially later in the day and at night to lessen the smell I brought along some lavender neutralizer spray & spritzer into the vent nightly and when we left the room for the day ...  

• Like 2

It was 5 years ago, but we had room R02 on the Fascination.  Never noticed any issues, other than winding through the hall to get to our room, and knowing 100% for sure when the anchor drops!  Loved the porthole room so much we grabbed one on our next trip after that as well, Glory, no issues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kjs2006 said:

We were on the inspiration just a few weeks ago

and we had a porthole room U15 to be exact

and man oh man the cigarette smoke was horrendous

especially later in the day and at night 

That simply should not be!!

I hope you lodged a complaint?

13 hours ago, Kjs2006 said:

We were on the inspiration just a few weeks ago same ship class (I believe) and we had a porthole room U15 to be exact and man oh man the cigarette smoke was horrendous especially later in the day and at night to lessen the smell I brought along some lavender neutralizer spray & spritzer into the vent nightly and when we left the room for the day ...  

DH and I stayed at U15 or U17 last September and it was fine, didn't smell any smoke the whole cruise. We both love the pothole cabin and the extra space, would book it again if possible. Because of our work, we always booked last minute, sometime less than two months from departure.

• Thanks 1