new surf internet package - CC discount?

bebe08

1 hour ago, Belle5129 said:

I am only Select, but I just called Captain's Club and received my 25% off of the Surf package. She asked me for my Tier and then confirmed my discount. Not sure about Elite, but it at least worked for Select Tier!

Same with me...called today and got 25% off Surf package for one device for Select. I actually just called the main #...person I spoke with said he may need to transfer me to Captains Club but when he checked was able to take care of it for me.  

Price online for my cruse is $261 CDN, with select discount I got it for $196.  My confirmation shows as follows.  Too bad you can't get the discount on-line, however it is definitely worth a phone call.

Simple Surfing Package Select Loyalty 25% 1 Device: 10 - 13 Days:

Total Packages Purchased:

Total Cost *:

196.19 CAD

9 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Hi, my grandson likes playing his games in the internet. Am I able to use Surf or do I have to get unlimited.

I'm not sure how well gaming would do over any ship internet package, but maybe some here have tried it. 

On 4/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, J_Kepler said:

Does anyone look forward to the cruise because they CAN'T get online?

If I don't want to go online I don't go, but when I want to I want to have it available.

I am happy about added option. Original was very expensive on Celebrity. At least in comparison to Royal.

• 4 months later...

Someone on an earlier post mentioned that they would use internet access to monitor home surveillance cameras, but I could not find a comment whether SURF would work. So does anyone know if the SURF option would work and allow the viewing of home surveillance camera video?  And I suppose even the notifications that are triggered.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

To those that have taken the surf package could you post pictures and comments on Facebook?  And/or could you play any of the Facebook games like super city or farmville? 

Thanks for any assistance 

Cheers laker

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m a little confused. We have Elite status from Royal but it’s our first Celebrity. If I want internet for 2 devices is it cheaper to wait to order until we are on the ship or call CC? What is the post about the discount only applying to 1 device.?

5 hours ago, stlgasman said:

I’m a little confused. We have Elite status from Royal but it’s our first Celebrity. If I want internet for 2 devices is it cheaper to wait to order until we are on the ship or call CC? What is the post about the discount only applying to 1 device.?

As Elite you get 90 free minutes to use on one device at a time. On top of that, you can buy the internet packages with 30% discount, but you have to call Celebrity to have the Elite discount applied. In other words, you cannot buy the package with the Elite discount on Cruise Planner.

However, I cannot answer your question regarding if the discount can be applied to the multi-device packages. Someone who is Elite or above probably can.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

Edited by mikkelhansen