Error Message when trying Carnival FAQ's

Shaded Lady

Well wouldn't you know it? I've been getting an error on my browser for 3 months any time I try to find out anything through Carnival's FAQ! I could go into FAQ  there but any time I selected a question I got an error, not an answer! 

It happened again yesterday. So I made up my mind I was going to post here, and if no one could help me, I'd finally bite the bullet and call Carnival. So I went into the FAQs so I could get the exact error message- AND IT WORKED!

You guys on Cruise Critic are so outstanding at helping people answer questions that you even scared the Carnival site into cooperating!

Seriously, I'm in IT, and know all the typical things to do- close the browser, reboot, clear the cache, check for blockers, incognito window,  nothing worked. Except threatening to bring it to Cruise Critic for an answer! THAT made it finally work!

• Haha 1

I'm glad it's working again for you, Shaded Lady.  But I'm still getting:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

...as I have been for at least a few weeks, now.😠

I've realized their site doesn't like Chrome, Firefox, and most other reputable browsers. It seems to work fine with Microsoft Edge but most people use the former. You can get an IE plugin for Chrome and Firefox both and then open their site using that rendering plugin, and it works. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, teknoge3k said:

I've realized their site doesn't like Chrome, Firefox, and most other reputable browsers. It seems to work fine with Microsoft Edge but most people use the former. You can get an IE plugin for Chrome and Firefox both and then open their site using that rendering plugin, and it works. 

Sorry- I use Edge mostly, but I tried it in straight IE, plus Chrome and Firefox.. no luck. and while it worked briefly yesterday, today, not so much!

One of these days I'll get around to calling Carnival. And if they actually fix it, I'll let you all know. For now, it's not that big a deal for me.