Hola! Tapas on Meraviglia

SteveDav

2 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

VERY strange, as I just clicked on the link and the Hola Tapas restaurant came up.  Well I'll be on the ship in a little under 4 weeks, so I guess I'll find out.

Me too Eastern Europe from Kiel April 27, lets see

13 minutes ago, phissy said:

Just off the ship and Eatally is still there.( 2 locations)

I suspect, that the change will take place during the repositioning cruise to US.

That's the most likely time for the change (or a few days beforehand - I wonder if there's a gap in the itineraries between the Summer season's route and the TA).

2 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I'm on that sailing.  Are you doing the 7 day version or the 14 day version?

Weird how clicking on the same link gives different pages.

7 day only, are you in the roll call group?

I tried one more time... Eataly! Lol

Maybe location?

1 hour ago, JP Medina said:

7 day only, are you in the roll call group?

I tried one more time... Eataly! Lol

Maybe location?

I am, but it is typically MSC confusing since various parts of the cruise are bookable as, various cruises.  We are on the 14 day version, starting and ending in Kiel, with a port stop in Kiel mid cruise (where you will disembark).  Plus we have 2 separate port stops in Copenhagen.

10 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I am, but it is typically MSC confusing since various parts of the cruise are bookable as, various cruises.  We are on the 14 day version, starting and ending in Kiel, with a port stop in Kiel mid cruise (where you will disembark).  Plus we have 2 separate port stops in Copenhagen.

Awesome!

Did you get the tryptic?

Wondering if I Will get Eataly or Tapas.. I assume Eataly Will be.

I agree not many participating in the Roll Call group (some embarking in Kiel some in Copenhagen some 7 some 14 days), and, without M&M parties un Europe, well... 

4 hours ago, JP Medina said:

Awesome!

Did you get the tryptic?

Wondering if I Will get Eataly or Tapas.. I assume Eataly Will be.

I agree not many participating in the Roll Call group (some embarking in Kiel some in Copenhagen some 7 some 14 days), and, without M&M parties un Europe, well... 

Probably not, since I don't know what 'the tryptic' is, LOL.  Care to enlighten me?

FWIW, I'm just off the Meraviglia and noticed that Eataly was almost always empty. We never saw more than one table in use all week.  Waiters stood outside almost begging us to come in. We actually enjoyed the Panorama dining room, so we only used our Black Card perk for dinner at Butcher's Cut (which was lovely.)

• 1 month later...

I’m on MSC Meraviglia in Copenhagen right now and can verify it opened last night and Eataly is no more (shop or restaurant). I haven’t dined there myself but will try to upload a photo of the menu on the next port day.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:11 PM, JP Medina said:

Mmmm strange

When I open the link, Eataly is there, not Hola Tapas.

Anyone on Meraviglia could double check this?

I have the tryptic booked on Meraviglia at the end of April, what Will we ve having there?

I'm on Meraviglia right now and the fellow at Butchers Cut told me that both the new Tapas restaurant and the Ocean Cay restaurant open tomorrow (Monday).  Definitely planning on trying both if we can get reservations.  You can walk by and see that they are ready.  The tryptic and other dining package adverts on board reflect the new restaurants.

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I'm on Meraviglia right now and the fellow at Butchers Cut told me that both the new Tapas restaurant and the Ocean Cay restaurant open tomorrow (Monday).  Definitely planning on trying both if we can get reservations.  You can walk by and see that they are ready.  The tryptic and other dining package adverts on board reflect the new restaurants.

My apologies, they were doing previews last night at Hola! Officially opens today along with Ocean Cay. I’ve attached the opening night menu & pricing for reference.

8FE91A5D-B5A7-459A-B3F7-C5BA28CBD1A9.jpeg

4C5DFF21-9243-41EB-A47F-DE3C0384B909.jpeg

ADC7C72B-CAF3-4684-BC25-BD9E624F6DC2.jpeg

E8C17CF4-CCB4-4C74-8B62-1AF25F1A8563.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arichmond236 said:

My apologies, they were doing previews last night at Hola! Officially opens today along with Ocean Cay. I’ve attached the opening night menu & pricing for reference.

No apology needed at all.  I wasn't trying to correct you or anything.  I wrote my response before I saw your message and was just relating what we were told.  Have you tried out?  If so, was it good?

Are you enjoying the cruise?  Little choppy out there today.

48 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

No apology needed at all.  I wasn't trying to correct you or anything.  I wrote my response before I saw your message and was just relating what we were told.  Have you tried out?  If so, was it good?

Are you enjoying the cruise?  Little choppy out there today.

Not tried it yet, but Kaito Teppanyaki is incredible so I’d highly recommend that! Most likely won’t try Ocean Cay either as it’s €50 per person excluding drinks! Indeed the Tryptic package has been updated, so I’ve attached the current pricing for anyone who is interested. 

3921677D-7472-4170-8D8D-CE77FD7B58DF.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

When I booked the tryptic offer, I assumed that Eataly would be replaced by Hola, but now I see it would be Ocean Cay...and we don't like fish! Is there any chance MSC would gives us the opportunity to change one specialty restaurant on the tryptic package? We really dislike fish.....

When they changed Divina to Eataly Marketplace in late 2018 it was much less of a dining experience than the earlier Eataly restaurant so when I read they may be phasing out all the Eataly restaurants I wasn't too disappointed.  I'm not sure about the menu on Meraviglia, but assume it was similar to Eataly Marketplace on Divina.