Getting off the ship a day early?

9 hours ago, Salt Rocker said:

Hi,

You can apply to RCI for permission (I think it's called down lining) and if approved will cost you $65.00. They will only approve if no problems apply with compliance with what they call the Jones Act.

We have been granted permission to leave the Ovation in Victoria a day earlier than it's arrival in Vancouver, but that is of course Canada and compliance rules may differ.

Have a great day - Glenn & Patricia

excellent to hear someone else has done it. thanks. 

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As your cruise leaves from Quebec City you do not have to worry about any violations of the PVSA.

Royal has allowed this type of earl departure in the past and are now charging around $60 per person for this service if approved.

You must contact them ahead of your cruise to make arrangements.

Please direct any requests and/or questions to the following e-mail address or fax number: 
Fax Number: (305) 373-6695 
E-mail: AirSeaGFO@RCCL.com

Excellent. thank you. 

5 hours ago, BNBR said:

Note that you are only saving a little over 2 hours by disembarking in Orlando vs Fort Lauderdale.  It's still an hour drive from Port Canaveral to Disney and about 3 - 3.5 hours from Fort Lauderdale to Disney.  Is it really worth cutting your cruise short and going through this hassle to save a couple of hours?  Personally, I'd rather finish the cruise.  You can self-disembark the following morning and be at Disney by lunch time anyways.

Enjoy Port Canaveral for the day.  Have a nice evening on your cruise, and head out to Disney in the morning from FLL.  No big deal.

agreed. but waking up super early on final day and fighting hoards at the breakfast buffet has never been something I have enjoyed. by staying on ship in port canaveral and disembarking just before departure I would be able to check in to hotel without delay and sleep in next morning. 

Driving up from FLL would mean I have to wake up early and then wait around while my room is available for check in. 

Just seems more convenient. 

13 minutes ago, gospelle said:

does not apply. we set sail from Canada

12 minutes ago, gospelle said:

does not apply. we se sail from Canada

Just curious, prior to Canada, is the ship sailing from NJ. Sometimes there are issues for people doing your cruise as the second leg of a B2B.

1 minute ago, gospelle said:

agreed. but waking up super early on final day and fighting hoards at the breakfast buffet has never been something I have enjoyed. by staying on ship in port canaveral and disembarking just before departure I would be able to check in to hotel without delay and sleep in next morning. 

Driving up from FLL would mean I have to wake up early and then wait around while my room is available for check in. 

I tend to agree. Hate the drive north

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

First sentence made no sense...hence the highlight.  

Sure it makes sense.  Royal Caribbean clearly calls it "Orlando", which is why I addressed OP accordingly, and then mentioned the actual port is Canaveral and 1+ hours away.  As I said, it helps to actually read the entire post and not make snarky comments.

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just curious, prior to Canada, is the ship sailing from NJ. Sometimes there are issues for people doing your cruise as the second leg of a B2B.

back to backs do cause issues, but doesn't apply to us. 

11 minutes ago, gospelle said:

Agreed, this was seems far more pleasant.  I would think you could do it, good luck on the request!

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We wanted to do the B2B but the PVSA prevented it as the prior cruise did sail from NJ.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gospelle said:

It really depends.  I don't mind disembarking at 7AM when there are no crowds, and we just grab breakfast at McDonalds on the way home or eat at home (we live local).  

Whatever works for you.  Both ways are good options.  You could also sight see in Fort Lauderdale or on the way to Disney.  Take US27 and stop at Gatorama, for example.  Or hang out at a hotel with less driving as you seem to want to do.  Both really are good options.  I'd probably just prefer to have dinner on the ship and relax on the cruise, enjoy my last evening of sailing, entertainment, etc.

You will have to check out of your hotel by 11AM usually, which means you would get to Disney about the same time if you go the route of staying in PC and driving over at 11AM.  If this is what you meant by waiting for your room at check-in.

13 minutes ago, gospelle said:

Agreed!  Home is a 10 minute taxi ride from Port Canaveral.  Why on earth would I want to continue just to sleep onboard and sail to Port Everglades?

5 minutes ago, BNBR said:

You will have to check out of your hotel by 11AM usually, which means you would get to Disney about the same time if you go the route of staying in PC and driving over at 11AM.  If this is what you meant by waiting for your room at check-in.

what I meant is this: If I leave the ship around 3 or 4 pm in PC I'll arrive at my hotel in Orlando and will be able to check in right away. If I leave ship in FLL at 7 or 8 am and drive up to the hotel in Orlando I'll get there too early to check in right away. 

What I miss in last night activities aboard is more than made up for by the convenience and relaxed pace I'd have disembarking in PC. 

12 minutes ago, gospelle said:

what I meant is this: If I leave the ship around 3 or 4 pm in PC I'll arrive at my hotel in Orlando and will be able to check in right away. If I leave ship in FLL at 7 or 8 am and drive up to the hotel in Orlando I'll get there too early to check in right away. 

What I miss in last night activities aboard is more than made up for by the convenience and relaxed pace I'd have disembarking in PC. 

Ah, gotcha.  I was thinking you had your hotel booked the following day and would have to check in to an alternate hotel if you left your cruise early.  In which case you would need to check out the following day and arrive early in Orlando anyways.  However, if you can just check in to your existing hotel already and just start early, yeah, I think that's a great idea.

Now I am really lost. I only use my phone. I don't see any info like what you are talking about when I click on a user name. Does different info show up when on a different device? Mice type?

Pls forgive my inexperience--I have been wondering for weeks how you all seem to know stuff about OPs, and I thought there might be deleted posts.

18 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Now I am really lost. I only use my phone. I don't see any info like what you are talking about when I click on a user name. Does different info show up when on a different device? Mice type?

Pls forgive my inexperience--I have been wondering for weeks how you all seem to know stuff about OPs, and I thought there might be deleted posts.

Yes, it's totally different on a pc than a mobile. Try it out and see.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I am also on the Snowbird Migration Cruise this fall. I know of several who were denied the B2B due to PSVA rules. Also, we have friends disembarking in Port Canaveral for convenience. 

On 4/1/2019 at 12:43 PM, BNBR said:

Sure it makes sense.  Royal Caribbean clearly calls it "Orlando", which is why I addressed OP accordingly, and then mentioned the actual port is Canaveral and 1+ hours away.  As I said, it helps to actually read the entire post and not make snarky comments.

Not meant to be snarky...just stating the facts.  There have several posts of CC members of whom assume the ship will park right next to Disney in Orlando when Royals call's it "Orlando's Port Canaveral".  Makes it very confusing for some.  And yes, I always read the entire post, thank you...which I would consider snarky on your part since you mentioned it twice now.   

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Not meant to be snarky...just stating the facts.  There have several posts of CC members of whom assume the ship will park right next to Disney in Orlando when Royals call's it "Orlando's Port Canaveral".  Makes it very confusing for some.  And yes, I always read the entire post, thank you...which I would consider snarky on your part since you mentioned it twice now.   

The next sentence was that Disney is 1+ hours away.... Geeze.