Canada/ NE Mid to Late October

amfc_lenny

I was after some advice from people in the region or have done a Canada/ New England Cruise in mid to late October.

Coming from the UK and with Due to family members being teachers the only date we can do in the fall, is October 19th, I'm worried weather wise and if we'd miss the autumn colours? Is there enough at the ports we'd be calling at this time of year?

The cruise we were looking at sails from Newyork, going to Boston, Bar Harbour New Brunswick, Halifax and back to New York on the Regal Princess.

Thanks

22 hours ago, amfc_lenny said:

Coming from the UK I can live with that, be interested to know what sea conditions are like in NE at that time of year?

Without knowing the exact itinerary its hard to say but anytime you are in the open Atlantic from October on you can get a little pitch and roll. Whats nice about most of the Canada/New England itineraries is that you spend alot of time on the St Lawrence which is obviously quite sheltered when compared to the open sea. 

Colors are up to mother nature😕 Have done this cruise 3 times next to last week of October. Different weather each time. One was warmest fall and leaves not so good, one  it was freezing cold but color was great and one was foggy so no views. Ports are wonderful, but weather.......

14 hours ago, Host Carolyn said:

Colors are up to mother nature😕 Have done this cruise 3 times next to last week of October. Different weather each time. One was warmest fall and leaves not so good, one  it was freezing cold but color was great and one was foggy so no views. Ports are wonderful, but weather.......

Thanks,

that confirmed my thoughts, that it's quite an unpredictable time of year.