Carnival's "new" ship Sunrise

cruznurse

Hi All,

I'm looking to book a short Memorial day weekend getaway for myself and my 2 kids out of NY...looking at the refurbished Triumph or as they are calling it the Sunrise. I know that it does not come back into service until the end of the month but I was wondering if anyone has booked the ship with the Bermuda itinerary ..THX  

5 hours ago, cruznurse said:

Hi All,

I'm looking to book a short Memorial day weekend getaway for myself and my 2 kids out of NY...looking at the refurbished Triumph or as they are calling it the Sunrise. I know that it does not come back into service until the end of the month but I was wondering if anyone has booked the ship with the Bermuda itinerary ..THX  

The Triumph will be renamed the Sunrise and will sail on Memorial Day but it's a 14 day cruise.

Garth2

I believe the 14 day cruise is 5/27 I'm looking at the 5/23 Bermuda cruise. I know it is in for refurbishment now and being renamed and christened the Sunrise, in NY on 5/23...I was on the Triumph many years ago and was wondering if anyone had booked it yet. ..but thanks

We are also on the June 24th sailing. Carnival Triumph was my first ship in 2009 so I’m very excited to see the changes. This will be our fourth time to Bermuda, having done it previously on the Horizon, Sunshine and once with Princess. Grand Turk will be a first for all of us on the cruise so looking forward to that as well.

12 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

We are also on the June 24th sailing. Carnival Triumph was my first ship in 2009 so I’m very excited to see the changes. This will be our fourth time to Bermuda, having done it previously on the Horizon, Sunshine and once with Princess. Grand Turk will be a first for all of us on the cruise so looking forward to that as well.

Cool.  See you on board!!! For Bermuda which beach do you recommend?  Any beyond Horseshoe as I know the whole ship goes there.  Also think a Norwegian ship is there then as well.   Thanks 

On 4/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, bjfitz0703 said:

Cool.  See you on board!!! For Bermuda which beach do you recommend?  Any beyond Horseshoe as I know the whole ship goes there.  Also think a Norwegian ship is there then as well.   Thanks 

This is our sailing as well, cant wait! First time at both ports.  Bringing our 10 and 11 year olds.

7 hours ago, boopsahoy said:

See you there! So excited to find Panama Canal RT from NY!

I truly never thought I would get to see Panama Canal because I don't fly. I am beyond excited.

Laura

OP:   join the CC roll call for the May 23 sailing.   Not many of us on there.   It'll be a fun 4 day getaway.  We will be taking the $8 shuttle to Horseshoe beach for the day.   

I'm looking forward to seeing what the ship looks like after its makeover.     Carnival is doing a nice job these days with their re-dos.  We liked Sunshine which was the old Destiny.