Photo package with more than one cabin

chinita415

I got the all inclusive package but will be traveling with family members in another cabin. How will this work? Will the photos with people from the other cabin count as our unlimited photos?

We never prepay on previous cruises and always regret it so trying to save some money. Traveling on the Royal in a couple of weeks with my husband, toddler, and her two grandmas on what I dubbed "The Grandmas Cruise." I expect there will be lots of pictures with the grandmas. 

Edited by chinita415

As long as one of you from the cabin are in the picture, it will be in your package.  Last time I had the package we cruised with another couple.  We just took group pictures of the four of us.  There were 2 copies of each picture and we gave them the duplicates.  When I checked out we just put all the pictures in the pile.

I fear what's included in the all inclusive photo package may vary by ship - we've had the package numerous times and every time but the last one (on the Grand) included any photo at least one of us was in. We were on the Grand over the holidays this year and had pre-purchased the photo package. When we took our photos up the first time, we were informed the package included only those passengers who had purchased the package. We were traveling with four other people in two other cabins. So if there was even one passenger who had not purchased the package, then we couldn't get the photo! I complained since that had never been our experience before. They wanted to charge another $500 ($250 per cabin). I said no way, credit my account!  They started negotiating the price... I eventually gave in when each of the other cabins could be included for an additional $80 each. I got all of the hard copies and digital images. The other two cabins could have 5 hard copies each. They didn't want the thumb drive (another $15), so I shared the digital images with them with no thumb drive. I'm not sure the package was worth a total of $360 ($200 pre-paid for us, and $80 for each of the other cabins), but it was a family celebration and I wanted the digital photos for my photo book. 

I posted my experience back in January, and from that posting, only those on the Grand have had this experience. I'm hoping it was because of the photo department management on the Grand then, and is not a fleet wide policy!

we were on the Regal in March.  We had a cabin and my mom had a cabin.  The photography staff would ask to ensure both cabins had purchased the package (which we had) prior to completing the transaction. We didn't want to take the chance and not get it and have to pay on board as it's $50 more at that point.  With both having the package they would reprint any pictures that had people from both cabins so we all went home with hard copies and digital.  It was well worth the money in our opinion, but we like to get lots of pics.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:10 PM, RSF Cruiser said:

I fear what's included in the all inclusive photo package may vary by ship - we've had the package numerous times and every time but the last one (on the Grand) included any photo at least one of us was in. We were on the Grand over the holidays this year and had pre-purchased the photo package. When we took our photos up the first time, we were informed the package included only those passengers who had purchased the package. We were traveling with four other people in two other cabins. So if there was even one passenger who had not purchased the package, then we couldn't get the photo! I complained since that had never been our experience before. They wanted to charge another $500 ($250 per cabin). I said no way, credit my account!  They started negotiating the price... I eventually gave in when each of the other cabins could be included for an additional $80 each. I got all of the hard copies and digital images. The other two cabins could have 5 hard copies each. They didn't want the thumb drive (another $15), so I shared the digital images with them with no thumb drive. I'm not sure the package was worth a total of $360 ($200 pre-paid for us, and $80 for each of the other cabins), but it was a family celebration and I wanted the digital photos for my photo book. 

I posted my experience back in January, and from that posting, only those on the Grand have had this experience. I'm hoping it was because of the photo department management on the Grand then, and is not a fleet wide policy!

Did the Grand give you a Thumb drive for the photos for your package? Should we bring our thumb drive? Or is it just another upsell? lol Thanks

well, i understand Crew there,when they said that This Photo Package is only per cabin.. So imagine family of 25, 5 different cabins, and only one person pay for 250$. And You expecting that photographers give You all photos just for 250$ and there are 25 of you!? They also need to make a money and reach their goals,and also make their salary!

GD

14 hours ago, pspman92 said:

well, i understand Crew there,when they said that This Photo Package is only per cabin.. So imagine family of 25, 5 different cabins, and only one person pay for 250$. And You expecting that photographers give You all photos just for 250$ and there are 25 of you!? They also need to make a money and reach their goals,and also make their salary!

GD

The package is supposed to include all photos with you (or others in your cabin) in them. It should not matter who else in the photo that you are in, whether they be family in other cabins, new friends you have met on the ship, etc.

So yes, if you want to pose with some or all of the others in your family of 25, they are supposed to be included.

Any photos of your family that do not include you or your cabin mate(s) would not be included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chinita415 said:

I just called Princess and they told me as long as one of us from my cabin is in the photos, it should count. But I guess up to the ship photo staff. Will report back next week.

We will be waiting with baited breath as the saga continues🤗

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 10:09 AM, chinita415 said:

I got the all inclusive package but will be traveling with family members in another cabin. How will this work? Will the photos with people from the other cabin count as our unlimited photos?

We never prepay on previous cruises and always regret it so trying to save some money. Traveling on the Royal in a couple of weeks with my husband, toddler, and her two grandmas on what I dubbed "The Grandmas Cruise." I expect there will be lots of pictures with the grandmas. 

Got off the Royal Sat. We were with group of ten with four cabins. The way I understood the sign posted next to photos it was $249 PER cabin for photo packages. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home. We got our money's worth. $200 package prepaid online. And yes we got all the photos as long as one of us were in the photo. I think we have something like 80! My mom bought one of herself for $25. Also for some reasons the picture from one of the dining room was $10 and not part of the package. We didn't pay for it. It is a square photo that the cashier could pull out easily.

We just got off the Sapphire Princess. Booked the photo package online before the cruise. At the photo desk I was given a long list of exclusions for the package to read and sign. I sure wish I had kept a copy to post here on CC. Some of the exclusions were:

Special photos: We had two instances where we had photos that didn't count. One was from one of "informal" photos taken during the evening around the ship. It was printed 10"x10" and as such didn't count. The other was also 10"x10" print but was also excluded as "Second Formal Night" photos aren't included.

Group Photos: Specifically said that in a group photo, all passengers (or their cabin) had to have the package. Photos of you with crew members are included.

Sunset Photos: Specifically not included.

Specially Arranged Photos: This is where you arrange to have a photographer make special shots for you. - Not included.

There were lots of other restrictions as well, just can't remember them all.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:08 PM, chinita415 said:

RSF - that's what I was afraid of. But let's hope it is ship specific. 

Anyone been on the Royal recently and had this scenario?

Was on the Royal two weeks ago and sign by photos said “$249.00 per cabin”

20 hours ago, chinita415 said:

Just got home. We got our money's worth. $200 package prepaid online. And yes we got all the photos as long as one of us were in the photo. I think we have something like 80! My mom bought one of herself for $25. Also for some reasons the picture from one of the dining room was $10 and not part of the package. We didn't pay for it. It is a square photo that the cashier could pull out easily.

This is exactly how it worked on the Royal for us.  We had three cabins, my husband and I and his daughter, son in law and two little girls who had two connected cabins.  One of the connected cabins with the mom and one of the little girls had the package.  So lots of family photos, extended family photos and photos of the two girls. They did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and that was the only photo not included.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal