Tendering in Flam

As far as I know the dock can still only handle 1 ship. The tenderdock however is close to the trainstation. Nothing is far apart in Flam. On your schedule it will tell if your ship dock or uses tenders.

Our ship will also be in Flam that day.  From my (very inadequate) reading of that chart, looks like we will be tendered.  If the cruise ship is selling train excursions for 9:45 am, do you think that is enough time for me to also get off the ship? My itinerary says we get in at 7 am, so I think that is more than adequate.  I would rather go early and times are already selling out (so I need to buy my tickets).  

10 minutes ago, kas97 said:

do you think that is enough time for me to also get off the ship?

The answer might very well depend on cruise line and how they tender ship excursions versus individual guests. But with  a 7am arrival you should be ashore in time for a 9:45 train departure.

- anyway, my preference is a noon train departure - weather en route might be more pleasant. But might depend on your plans for the rest of the day.

Edited by hallasm

16 minutes ago, hallasm said:

- anyway, my preference is a noon train departure - weather en route might be more pleasant. But might depend on your plans for the rest of the day.

I will be in Flam on July 22 from 8 am to 6 pm and I believe that we are the only ship in town, and are docking. The ship holds about 350 passengers, and excursions are included. We have a choice of 2 half day tours, one the Flamsbana, and the other to Stalheim and Tvinde waterfall. I really want to do the train, but it seems to me that I should be able to do both (I hope). How do you feel about the 13:35 or 14:50 trains. Either one of those should get me back in time to sail. I need to see more detail about the timing of the included excursions, but would the afternoon trains also be better weather.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, gnome12 said:

really want to do the train, but it seems to me that I should be able to do both (I hope)

I would definitely do both tours myself - might be your only visit to Flåm?. No problem taking the 14.50 train.

M/V Aegean Odyssey only ship in port that day.

• Thanks 1