Carnival Pride deck walk time

Narcussist

Hello All, 

The question I have and yes I know it may be dumb for some, but roughly how long would it take to walk a deck on the Carnival Pride. When we go on our cruise, one of the things I would like to do, so I can say I was at every spot of the ship allowable for a pedestrian, is walk each deck. Mainly I would be doing it for Sh#& and Giggles.

I am not wanting the total time to walk the whole ship, as I do not want to do it all at one time. but space it out and enjoy my walks, maybe walk decks 1-2 one day, 3-4-5 the next, etc. so I am just looking for rough estimate of a typical floor with staterooms. 

Good way to walk off the desserts.  Maybe 10 minutes for a deck that has just cabins?  The Pride isn't a big ship, but there are variables like how crowded with folks or stewards and their carts that will affect the time.

12 hours ago, yogibear said:

Narcussist: When are you sailing on the Pride? DH and I are on her September 15-22nd, going to Bermuda!

Karen

We are going May 3, 2020

11 hours ago, Garth2 said:

It depends on how fast YOU walk.  Not everyone walks at the same pace.  Also, different decks have different lengths.

That's why I said rough estimate.

13 hours ago, evandbob said:

Good way to walk off the desserts.  Maybe 10 minutes for a deck that has just cabins?  The Pride isn't a big ship, but there are variables like how crowded with folks or stewards and their carts that will affect the time.

Thank you for your answer

One of my favorite things to do is walk the ship each day. We don't decorate our cabin door, but I like looking at the ones that are decked out. It usually takes 20 minutes to walk the Pride from top to bottom, floor to floor. I walk 5 miles daily with 3 hyper dogs and have been told I'm a speed walker, though.

P.S. I noticed your from Akron...I grew up in Bath and moved to Cleveland a few years ago. Hi Neighbor!

Guten Tag Malley, 

I grew up in Canton, and married the wife, and moved to Akron since that is where she is form, plus to be closer to work, as I work for Summit Racing. The 45 minute drive was getting old, and at the time, having a F-150, gas and mileage was not mixing too well. 

I see you are going on the pride basically a year before my cruise. Did you choose Pride for baltimore and it being driving distance? That's the reason we choose Pride, not sure if we will leave early sailing morning or just head in the day before and get a room.

So I did a WAG based on the deck plans and length of the ship and came up with a bit over 3 miles of walking.  Depends on how you want to traverse the larger spaces like dining rooms - walk every open spot between tables, or one pass on the major "thoroughfares".  Your mileage may vary.  I'd say 2-3 decks per day in your spare time is doable.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:19 PM, Narcussist said:

Guten Tag Malley, 

I grew up in Canton, and married the wife, and moved to Akron since that is where she is form, plus to be closer to work, as I work for Summit Racing. The 45 minute drive was getting old, and at the time, having a F-150, gas and mileage was not mixing too well. 

I see you are going on the pride basically a year before my cruise. Did you choose Pride for baltimore and it being driving distance? That's the reason we choose Pride, not sure if we will leave early sailing morning or just head in the day before and get a room.

I did my student teaching in Tallmadge, I know Summit Racing well. :) 

We cruise the Pride every other year as a "relaxation" cruise.  The ports of call are basically beach days, we like 3 sea days and not having to fly. On the "off-Pride" years, we usually cruise out of Florida and on bigger ships with more active itineraries.  

This is the first year we're driving in day of the cruise. I'm nervous, but it's such an easy drive and (hopefully) in May the snow and ice will be long gone. I'll let you know how it goes. You'll love the Pride. She's one of my favorite ships!

I like to get my 10k steps in daily and sometimes just walking the track in the morning gets boring (and windy). I started walking the inside decks early in the morning before most people are up. I walk pretty fast, so I can definitely walk one deck in 3-5 mins., depending on ship.