Tracking Princess Cruise Fares

miss prairie girl

Is there a website to track Princess cruise fares for specific ships and sailings? Or would I need to check on my own at regular intervals? Also, is there a specific day of the week that the Princess cruise fares are updated (as our local grocery store changes its prices/specials weekly)? Thank you for any tips!

1 minute ago, CanICruiseSoonPlease said:

I have been on Princess over 70 times and my husband 4 times.  He gets cheaper prices than I do.  That just annoys me to no end.

That would tick me off, too.  What I found interesting is that I just booked a relatively last minute cruise.  DH not interested in going so my cousin on the west coast is going with me.  She and I were checking the fares online at the same time and the rates for her were $300+  more than what I saw. Naturally, I booked the flight thru my TA but was mystified and wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the cruise is in Alaska (much closer to where she lives) and I have much further to travel. Now I wonder how much more I am paying for my Caribbean cruisers versus someone on the west coast.

You really need to check on your own on a regular basis.  Like many businesses today that have a product which essentially outdates if it is unsold they use dynamic pricing, raising and lowering prices as demand shifts.  They must have an algorithm they follow but none of us has ever been able to ferret it out.

I can't figure out the advantage to booking so far in advance. It seems most people typically book as much as 2 years in advance, but from what I can tell, the prices drop extremely low close to the sailing (Like maybe a month out.) I noticed this on my upcoming sailing when we originally booked our mini suite at $3579 per person, a year or more in advance. But the closer it got to the sail date, the lower the price went. I refared twice and got us down to $2699 per person before we ran out of time to pay it off. It even went down another $100 per person after that, but we had already made our final payment. 

I just ran some numbers on another sailing to Alaska. Departing in 2020, an interior room is about $160 per day, per person. But departing next month, it's about $61 per day, per person. I feel like from now on, anytime I want to cruise I'd just need to check prices for sailings within 1-2 months vs 1-2 years to see where the best deals are.

• Like 1

We book early to get certain rooms, so checking rates for those, are hard because there are only 4 or 6 of the premium corner aft balcony rooms. 

However, we planned a family cruise on another line and one random day I threw in the dates and saved $500!! THEN 2 days later, they dropped one of the perks, so I still got my extras. You really do not know what will happen. If you do not care so much about rooms, closer to the cruise date, you can get some great deals. But if you are wanting a certain location that could be more popular, it may sell out.  

• Like 1