Next promotion?

6 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Does Royal ever have promotions like the "Drop and Go" or "3 for free" that is offered on Princess? I never see free OBC offered either. The 50% and 60% off the second passenger never seems like a real sale

Haven't seen those for US/Canadian bookings yet.

I think most of us agree that the 50% 60% offerings are fake sales.

• Like 1

I think since the current sale is 50% of the second guest, the next sale will be 25% off each guest. I always do the bookings and it's not fair that I should pay the full price and my wife gets 50% off. I'm waiting until the next sale to book so I can save some money too. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

Same game .... they just use different name's every few days to weeks.

I just saved using the KSF (sale) on a booking I made in January 2019 for a cruise date of May 2020.

but this is the first repriced booking that's worked out in a long time.

Are the blackout dates typically the same for the different sales? The KSF is blacked out during our planned Symphony cruise for spring break in March 2020, hopefully a 25% off everyone sale won't be since it is not a sale geared towards kids.

33 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I think since the current sale is 50% of the second guest, the next sale will be 25% off each guest. I always do the bookings and it's not fair that I should pay the full price and my wife gets 50% off. I'm waiting until the next sale to book so I can save some money too. :classic_wink:

LOL I like your thinking 🙂

The next promotion is drumroll please. Raise the base cruise fare up by 35 percent then take 50 percent off guest #1 and #2 and have guests three and four sail for $199. Then throw in $75 per stateroom OBC. Howz that for a promo? 

Edited by travelplus
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Haven't seen those for US/Canadian bookings yet.

Bob I agree with the fake sails pin intended to the point that I don't even bother to book them. I'll book when the price is right and look here and there for price reductions which seems to rarely happen. 

If the price is too expensive then I must be doing something wrong in my savings. I'm not hooked to any particular ship but I won't book anything less than 14 days. 

Next B2B is 22 days with the first 7 around the Med and the remaining with overnight in Lisbon back to Tampa in Oct/Nov 2019. The fare  went up $700 so I did well. 

On 4/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, Host Clarea said:

It may seem that way for the fares themselves, but I found that it was an actual 60% saving on the trip protection insurance for my wife. 

24 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

It may seem that way for the fares themselves, but I found that it was an actual 60% saving on the trip protection insurance for my wife. 

Cruiseline insurance...just make sure you understand what that policy cover's...vs.. what a 3rd party policy would cover and a price comparison....Best of luck..this can at times be a very important purchase to consider carefully.

Edited by Ashland