Buying Bottles of Liquor Onboard

GuardCruisers

Yes, you can. You can do it online or on the phone. The offerings are slim and are what you might call half bottles, but they're more reasonable than on many other cruise lines.

An example would be 375 ml of Jim Beam for $17.70.

Jim

1 minute ago, jasbo49 said:

Yes, you can. You can do it online or on the phone. The offerings are slim and are what you might call half bottles, but they're more reasonable than on many other cruise lines.

Jim

For some reason, I cannot find it online.  Ultimate Beverage Package, yes.  Beer packages, yes.  Ordered a bottled water package but nowhere do I see how you can order a bottle of liquor for the room.

3 minutes ago, GuardCruisers said:

For some reason, I cannot find it online.  Ultimate Beverage Package, yes.  Beer packages, yes.  Ordered a bottled water package but nowhere do I see how you can order a bottle of liquor for the room.

It will not be in your cabin ahead of time if you preorder..........

If you order it ahead of time you will have a voucher in your cabin to exchange with room service.

If you don't see it online just order when you board.

On 4/5/2019 at 6:13 PM, PekingeseLady said:

The liquor is under Onboard Reservations, then click on Princess Cellars, scroll down past the wines.  In your cruise booking area.

Thank you!  I did find it with your help.  Yep, things are not like they used to be!  Wow, high price for 1/2 of a fifth.  Not such a good deal anymore.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:23 PM, jasbo49 said:

Jim

It is much better than Carnival. Thanks, Bobbi

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

If you are from Canada there should be no sticker shock at all. The pricing is pretty comparable to regular liquor prices in Canada.

or Oregon where the liquor prices are set by the state - if something goes on sale it is on sale everywhere

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

buy a bottle in port or on board in the duty free shop ... delivered to your room sometime the day before disembarkation

Cheers !!

Kind of defeats the reason for having the bottle IN the cabin to enjoy a cocktail without having to go to a bar or wait on room service.

Edited by GuardCruisers

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Got sticker shock moving from California to Oregon

Well, don't come to Washington State, then.  We got rid of state controlled stores and pricing is now 27-30% MORE than what it was when the state controlled it.  Thankfully we live close to Oregon.  Even better?  Idaho.  Low, low taxes.  

9 hours ago, GuardCruisers said:

Thank you!  I did find it with your help.  Yep, things are not like they used to be!  Wow, high price for 1/2 of a fifth.  Not such a good deal anymore.

Last time we sailed (Tahiti, 2006?) we could order a liter of Stoli vodka for $20.  A liter of Crown Royal for about the same, maybe a bit less.  That was LITERS, not 1/2 of a 1/5!

2 hours ago, GuardCruisers said:

Last time we sailed (Tahiti, 2006?) we could order a liter of Stoli vodka for $20.  A liter of Crown Royal for about the same, maybe a bit less.  That was LITERS, not 1/2 of a 1/5!

Not on a Princess ship. Perhaps you were on HAL or some other line.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Not on a Princess ship. Perhaps you were on HAL or some other line.

Nope, Tahitian Princess.  Pretty sure I can recall cruise lines and ships.  We were amazed and astounded at how inexpensive buying liquor on board was.  

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:28 PM, voljeep said:

buy a bottle in port or on board in the duty free shop ... delivered to your room sometime the day before disembarkation

Cheers !!

Or even better, bring some with you from home.  It's always cheaper. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ron46936 said:

Can the half bottles also be purchased on board of do they have to be precruise?

On board is fine. Just call room service. Same price as pre-ordering.

Be prepared for a wait on the phone either way. They're pretty busy on embarkation day.

Jim

On 4/8/2019 at 4:36 PM, Thrak said:

If you are from Canada there should be no sticker shock at all. The pricing is pretty comparable to regular liquor prices in Canada.

Not really.  Exchange runs a minimum of about 35% right now.  We pre ordered 2 bottles of Prosecco 3 weeks ago and paid around $52 CAD for each.  You can buy this at an Ontario liquor store for $16.95.

18 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Not really.  Exchange runs a minimum of about 35% right now.  We pre ordered 2 bottles of Prosecco 3 weeks ago and paid around $52 CAD for each.  You can buy this at an Ontario liquor store for $16.95.

My apologies. Not only did I not take into account the currency exchange rate but I (idiotically) based my assumptions in regard to Canadian prices based solely on my experiences in Alberta, British Columbia, and Yukon. There is obviously a LOT more to Canada than those provinces. In retrospect it's as foolish as trying to talk about gasoline prices in California as being indicative of gasoline prices throughout the US.  Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 5:25 PM, GuardCruisers said:

They are listed at the bottom of "Princess Cellars" under the beverage packages reservations on your cruise planner.

Edited by nic2010