Refreshment Package Pricing and drink cups

Hi, 

About what price range have you seen the refreshment package go for on the cruise planner? What kind of pricing is a good deal that you have seen?

Also a question about the cups that are used in the freestyle machines, do you need to wash them yourslef in your cabins sink or is there some other arrangement of where you can wash it. 

Do most people carry these cups around, because it would seem like a pain to do, all over the ship.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

Hi, 

About what price range have you seen the refreshment package go for on the cruise planner? What kind of pricing is a good deal that you have seen?

Also a question about the cups that are used in the freestyle machines, do you need to wash them yourslef in your cabins sink or is there some other arrangement of where you can wash it. 

Do most people carry these cups around, because it would seem like a pain to do, all over the ship.

Thanks

We wash the cups ourselves in the cabin.  Cheapest I have purchased the refreshment package is $17/day.  Lowest I have seen in the last couple of months is $20/day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

Thanks

You only need to carry the cup if you use the Freestyle machines.  You can get soda with your SeaPass card from any bar or restaurant, though your choices will be limited.

Thanks all for your quick replies. One other question I had is what size are the bottles of water that you can get with the refreshement package? Are they 500ml or the smaller size that you can get on airplanes?

Just now, coolio111 said:

Thanks all for your quick replies. One other question I had is what size are the bottles of water that you can get with the refreshement package? Are they 500ml or the smaller size that you can get on airplanes?

The still water bottles are 500 ml, you can also get 375 ml San Pelligrino sparkling water.

• Like 1

As has already been mentioned, you don't have to have your cup to get a soda from any bar -- you only need it for using the specialty Freestyle Machines.  I wash it out in my room, or ask a bartender to rinse it for me.  Some people pack dish soap for washing it in their room, but I never saw the point -- soap is soap (dish soap or hand soap), and it's not like the cup gets greasy and grimy.... it's just pop, which is water soluble and rinses right off.

I like to carry my cup on the pool deck -- it keeps the ice from melting, and it holds more than the regular plastic glasses they give you otherwise (fewer trips for refills).  I usually have a small tote bag to carry my Kindle, phone, sunscreen, and towel on deck, and I just carry the cup in that.  I don't carry it around for dinner or shows, generally, but I do like it in the nightclub if I'm doing a lot of dancing (again, because it holds more than a regular glass).

The lowest price I've seen the Refreshment package go for in recent years was $17 during Black Friday / Cyber Monday.  Typical sale price is $18 or $20, and full price is $26 in the Cruise Planner.  If you buy it for $20 and the price goes down, it's just a few clicks to cancel your original order and repurchase it at the new price.

The regular water bottles that are included in the package are full size bottles, not the child-sized ones like they have on planes.  They'll let you get two at a time, in addition to whatever you're drinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1