Captain's Club

Fishkillbill

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Wow that looks confusing.  I wonder how many people they trick into the upcharge gelato?

Not confusing. We've never been tricked either. We receive what we order. Possibly you'd get a scope of gelato for the price of a scope of ice cream if you're paying for it. 

Edited by davekathy

On 4/7/2019 at 9:17 AM, Fishkillbill said:

We are fairly new to cruising. So far have 75 points and 8 points from RCCL. I don't figure they are worth anything. Am I right? 

I'm assuming you meant that you have *7* and *8* points from RCCL?  Because 75 points is Emerald on RCCL and that gets you matched to "Select" status on Celebrity.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:35 AM, Fishkillbill said:

Thank you for the response. I did see that before. None of which means anything to me. I did figure my measly 75 points would be useless. 

Not measly, just not enough to reach the next threshold in Captains Club at this point.  Also remember it costs you nothing, thus anything you take advantage of is a plus.

My advise though is not to focus on points in choosing a cruise unless it is the tiebreaker all other things considered equal.  We  are close to reaching Elite Plus, but last 2 cruises are not on Celebrity.  Why spend $3,000 plus or what ever your cruise costs to sail on any particular cruise line to gain maybe $50 in perks on that particular sailing.  I like the perks, but not at the expense of potentially settling  for a lesser itinerary, higher pricing that I cannot justify based on 'my' criteria/value proposition, etc.

I am sure there are many who try or do use most if not all the offered perks at their level.  We don't.  We do like the drinks in the evenings, but the beer is very limited (very negative for me - I prefer water over the mass produced beers) and the wine is a basic wine where you have to have the second glass to get beyond the  'what is this taste', and well drinks are basic too.

On occasion we do use the laundry offering at our level.  Never been is situation to take the one category upgrade.

For the record I do look at Celebrity first when looking to sail or Royal Caribbean where we are close there to Diamond Plus too.

Wishing your next cruise is a great one no matter the points given to you by cruise line!

On 4/8/2019 at 7:44 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Wow that looks confusing.  I wonder how many people they trick into the upcharge gelato?

Really don't think there is much confusion.   There is almost always a line in front of the Gelato adjacent to the Ocean View Grill while the Upcharge Gelato is adjacent to Al Bacio there is never a line.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

See my photos from the edge. The gelato and ice cream are being distributed from the same location, not two different locations like on the S class

That was my point.  The fact they are mixed in the same case would lead me to think it was all the same.

Edited by wrk2cruise