Boarding pass/luggage tag question

Tgrmom123

I checked in today but it won’t let me print my boarding pass. (It’s blank and says it’s on hold or something like that)  Is it because it’s still 90 days out or because I have a travel agent?  I noticed it had priority printed really big on the luggage tags.  Is that on everyone’s?  I don’t have FTTF or anything (wanted it but it was sold out once I learned what it was) 

Thank you guys so much for all of your input.  I’ve been stalking the boards for 7 months now.  

Have you paid in full? You can't view or print your boarding pass until you do... it has nothing to do with using a TA.

As to why you have Priority on your luggage tag, no idea, count your blessings if it holds!

Finally, if you put your search in the box it should give you a dropdown that will ask you if you want to search the entire site, this forum or this thread (assuming you're in a thread at the moment). If you select This Forum it should search just Carnival.

19 minutes ago, Tgrmom123 said:

I checked in today but it won’t let me print my boarding pass. (It’s blank and says it’s on hold or something like that)  Is it because it’s still 90 days out or because I have a travel agent?  I noticed it had priority printed really big on the luggage tags.  Is that on everyone’s?  I don’t have FTTF or anything (wanted it but it was sold out once I learned what it was) 

Thank you guys so much for all of your input.  I’ve been stalking the boards for 7 months now.  

Do you have a suite booked? If so, that is why it says Priority on your tags. Suites have priority boarding. I’m assuming your cruise is paid for, since you are at 90 days. It may be too early to print your boarding passes and tags. I can’t remember at what point it shows in your online account, but it usually tells you that your boarding pass and tags are ready for printing. Did your online account tell you they were ready to print?

18 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Finally, if you put your search in the box it should give you a dropdown that will ask you if you want to search the entire site, this forum or this thread (assuming you're in a thread at the moment). If you select This Forum it should search just Carnival.

To add to this, don't use the big "magnifying glass" search tool in the top right corner of the forum. Use the search bar right under your username. That's where you should see the search options Shaded Lady is referring to.

I don't think you can online check in until you are 90 days out. once you are able to check in then you can print your documents.

I use Firefox so it always opens in an Adobe window.  I check it for accuracy and then save to my pc,phone, tablet. Then I print from Adobe and make my luggage tags with plastic sleaves and wire rings.  I bought those from Amazon and they will be going on thier fourth cruise in june.

A few people in our group sailing next month used a travel agent. The travel agent told those people that they had to release the booking, or open it up or something before they could print their documents. We run far far away from travel agents so I am not exactly sure what they had to do on their end, but once the TA did something on their end, the guests were able to print their docs. 

12 minutes ago, Tgrmom123 said:

Yes I did pay in full.  And I have a family harbor deluxe ocean view room.  We are doing a group anniversary trip.  This is what my boarding PSA says.  I’ll call my TA tomorrow. 

i seen this before. this is a problem with the TA and Carnival. Most likely, the TA has you booked into a group and that group has not been finalized with Carnival. This is something the TA fixes

2 hours ago, cgriffis said:

I don't think you can online check in until you are 90 days out. once you are able to check in then you can print your documents.

I use Firefox so it always opens in an Adobe window.  I check it for accuracy and then save to my pc,phone, tablet. Then I print from Adobe and make my luggage tags with plastic sleaves and wire rings.  I bought those from Amazon and they will be going on thier fourth cruise in june.

I’d love to see what type of plastic sleeve you use 

9 minutes ago, thekidsandi said:

We don't sail until October and I've not paid anything beyond the deposit and I'm able to print my boarding passes - in fact I already did. So the issue isn't with it being more than 90 days from departure.

So when you log on and choose Print Documents, "Print Boarding Passes" isn't grayed out and you're able to check the box? Typically the only documents you can print at that point are luggage tags and general information (which will say "Booking Summary" at the top).

19 hours ago, cgriffis said:

image.thumb.png.9738f73435ab975bd13893a000245831.png

We use these also and they are great but we don't use those metal ties.  Those can be a pain to get on and off.  Instead we just use a zip tie.  You can cut the zip ties off easily when you need to remove the sleeves and they are way easier to get on than the metal ties that come with the sleeves.

2 hours ago, thekidsandi said:

We don't sail until October and I've not paid anything beyond the deposit and I'm able to print my boarding passes - in fact I already did. So the issue isn't with it being more than 90 days from departure.

That's weird bc I can't and I'm more than 90 days out and have only paid the deposit but can only print luggage tags

Edit: nevermind, I saw your correction. I should have read all comments 1st. It really sucks being impatient lol

Edited by Tracey.kinney425

On 4/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, Tgrmom123 said:

Yes I did pay in full.  And I have a family harbor deluxe ocean view room.  We are doing a group anniversary trip.  This is what my boarding PSA says.  I’ll call my TA tomorrow. 

DBCFE7D2-204C-4F26-B7FA-B240291FC7CD.png

A158491A-B27C-4D74-8CDE-7FD93A994725.png

What I find odd is that you booked a family harbor deluxe ocean view cabin, yet your luggage tags says TBA where the cabin location is normally listed.  Did you book a specific cabin or just a guarantee cabin.  That might be the problem.  If you booked it as a guarantee, they haven't assigned a cabin to you yet.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, Tgrmom123 said:

DBCFE7D2-204C-4F26-B7FA-B240291FC7CD.png

Paid your TA? How long is your cruise? TA may not have paid Carnival yet if final payment is still not due. They can hold your money until they HAVE to pay.

On 4/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, shof515 said:

i seen this before. this is a problem with the TA and Carnival. Most likely, the TA has you booked into a group and that group has not been finalized with Carnival. This is something the TA fixes

I haven't been able to print out my boarding pass since one member of my party has not finished the online check in.  That could be the case with a member of your party, especially if you are with a group.  

9 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Paid your TA? How long is your cruise? TA may not have paid Carnival yet if final payment is still not due. They can hold your money until they HAVE to pay.

Yes I paid through TA but carnival has already processed it. My cruise is a 7 day cruise but it’s another 87 days away.  TA said she has never seen that and she is calling carnival to see what it is.  We’ll see...

All of my party has checked in, unsure if they’ve all made final payments though.  I guess that could have something to do with it.