Menus from 3/30/19 Oosterdam

Eileen G

I had a lot of trouble finding recent menus for our Oosterdam cruise so I copied the menus when we were on board last week. The first night we copied the actual menu but then we found it easier to copy the menus off the TV. These are first and second nights.  

20190330_205901 (1).jpg

20190330_205910 (1).jpg

20190331_195613.jpg

20190331_195629.jpg

20190331_195639.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eileen G said:

Here are nights 3 and 4

20190401_204408.jpg

20190401_204455 (1).jpg

20190401_204501 (1).jpg

20190402_174846.jpg

20190402_174859.jpg

20190402_174937.jpg

These seem to be Typical HAL menus over the past year.  Mot as many choices as in the old days.  it used to be there were always three soips each evening: a broth, a cream soup and a cold soup/  There were also more entrees on each menu.

We did notice they didn't show the always available items every night. We did ask for french onion soup most nights and they brought it. My husband also asked for a small portion of the mushroom risotto (an entree) and was given a small plate of it. On the second gala night he asked for 2 lobsters and had two on his plate not a whole second meal. I don't think all waiters do this. 

That settles it. I am going to starve!!  Oh well, I guess it will be steak each night for me!  I never had problems on Carnival finding something I would eat.  Hopefully, when I am there I will find more that sound appetizing!  It is awful being this picky.

14 minutes ago, beaming90 said:

That settles it. I am going to starve!!  Oh well, I guess it will be steak each night for me!  I never had problems on Carnival finding something I would eat.  Hopefully, when I am there I will find more that sound appetizing!  It is awful being this picky.

May I ask what is the issue with these menus?

I live on chicken, hamburgers, and peanut butter.  I am just sooooo picky that nothing really gets my attention as sounding good.

image.png.e0685d17b7d52f9d43d468db1bdb0785.png

Sounds good but then the chimichurri sauce I have never tried and Risotto?  I just like potatoes and meat.  That's all. 

4 minutes ago, beaming90 said:

I live on chicken, hamburgers, and peanut butter.  I am just sooooo picky that nothing really gets my attention as sounding good.

Sounds good but then the chimichurri sauce I have never tried and Risotto?  I just like potatoes and meat.  That's all. 

I seem😉

Consider it an opportunity to try new things, without risking going hungry.

I recommend visiting the Lido Market before your dinner in the MDR. They have for most part the same menu items that you can see. It might make it easier to decide wether to give a particular dish a try.

ps. Risotto, the famous rice dish from Northern Italy, is delicious 😊 

2 hours ago, beaming90 said:

There is chicken and steak on the every night menu which they don't always show you. You can also request to leave off any of the strange items. You might be able to request a baked potato or french fries. The hamburgers in the Dine In were very good but there was usually a wait. You give your order then they give you a pager. However I believe it closes at 5 so it is only for lunch.

4 hours ago, beaming90 said:

You can order the meat 'plain', or even sauce on the side, in case you aren't sure.
You can always order a baked potato or mashed---do check on what is in the mashed potato first, though. French fries are typically not offered, but are on the children's menu, so can be ordered (it may take extra time).

You may also want to see the next night's menu before you leave the dining room to get an idea what you might be interested in.
Oh, and there's always the children's menu to consider.

• Like 1

Cool Cruiser you are not the only  one.  We have cruised with HA for 20 years and the food has really declined over the past few years.  Last cruise for us, everyone at our table of 6 complained about the food choices.  Some of the meals we got were not recognzible.  Beets on a hamburger, really.  NewEngland clam chowder by someone who had never had the real thing.  Steak that was so tough you couldn't cut it.  Chef Rudi and his celebrity chefs have ruined the menu trying to show off.  Looking at that Oosterdam menu made me wonder, too, what I will eat on the next cruise.  And I am NOT a finicky eater; I enjoy foods from around the world but not fake imitations of them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Himself said:

These seem to be Typical HAL menus over the past year.  Mot as many choices as in the old days.  it used to be there were always three soips each evening: a broth, a cream soup and a cold soup/  There were also more entrees on each menu.

I was told on a recent sailing that the cold soups have been eliminated.  

1 hour ago, jmkennett said:

I was told on a recent sailing that the cold soups have been eliminated.  

That is not all that has been eliminated.  The is one soup offered each evening.  Now there is one.  The Baked Alaska is gone.