Teens clothing

dreslercarie

My teenager typically wears basketball shorts and a t-shirt, then changes into a bathing suit if he goes into the pool or to the water park area. Then at dinner he will change into some regular cargo type shorts. 

During the day folks of all ages wear whatever they'd wear at home in similar weather.

Your teens will wear whatever they feel comfy wearing; shorts,jeans, bathing suit with cover up etc.

Don't overthink this!

Shorts and t-shirt are fine for walking around.  If you go to the dining room for lunch, I’d suggest decent cargo shorts and a shirt.  Dinner in the dining room can be nice jeans or khakis and a polo shirt.  

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

My teenager typically wears basketball shorts and a t-shirt, then changes into a bathing suit if he goes into the pool or to the water park area. Then at dinner he will change into some regular cargo type shorts. 

Same here! Typically Nike shorts and a t-shirt. Then for regular dinners, cargo shorts & polo shirt. And for formal nights, tie & dress shirt.

For what it is worth, I have noticed teens at dinner and in the evening/night tend to be more dressed up than the average cruiser on both cruises we went on.  My guess is they are dressing to impress ;)
My youngest (now 19), is more fashion conscious than I ever thought about being. I think he's usually better dressed than I am, even when he's "dressing down". Lol

7 hours ago, dreslercarie said:

This is our first cruise. Just curious durning the day what is the normal for teens clothing wise? Shorts and t-shirts? Help please! 

As a teenager myself, I typically wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt. For MDR, I wear polo and khaki shorts, and for Elegant night, I wear a suit and a tie. For beach day/waterslides I wear a rash protector and swim trunks. 

We cruised last week for spring break. The majority of the teens we saw (including my own) looked well put together and neat, even when in casual clothes. Once we visited the islands, a lot of teens were wearing shirts from the ports of call. 

Teens wear what they wear at home during the day shorts and tees. Some in jeans but its really to hot in the Caribbean summer. 

For dinner Boys wear nice dressier shorts and polos most nights. On Formal nights they tend to wear dress pants or at least khakis and a button up, some wear ties.......mine doesn't

My daughter wears a sun dress or romper to dinner most nights and maxi dress on formal nights.....not a a full prom dress but maybe this year since her prom dress is sleek and lightweight.

For dance parties the girls wear shorts and tanks or short dresses kind of depends on the kid. Really anything goes. For port/beach days she wears her bikini under her jean shorts and tank tops. My DS wears a tee shirt and  his trunks.