My sister and I won a Carnival Cruise!

MCazer

Have never sailed Carnival before.  But after attending the Farewell show for Kathie Lee on this past Friday, we were surprised with a free 4 Night cruise on Carnival.  Kathie Lee used to be their spokesperson, so Carnival gave everyone in the audience a free cruise for two!

We should be sailing this June on the Sunrise, and I’m very excited, as I see that she is being retrofitted right now.

We will be buying a drink package. But is there anything else I need to know? Mostly sail on Royal and Celebrity, so not familiar at all.

thanks! 

C6C3572F-FFBA-4F2C-A1A5-2C2EC5D085D9.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

Not to burst your.bubble but there have been scams gong around. Be very careful that it's legit. Congrats on winning. 

I was literally sitting in the audience at the Today show and had Kathie Lee Gifford announce it, not 25 feet away from me on live tv.  So it’s safe to say it’s legit! 

The photo is screen shots of my sister and I from me DVRing it at home!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tonit964 said:

That is so cool, congratulations! 

I'm sure you will like Carnival. 

I have been looking at images of cool slides and restaurants and all new upgrades.  Very cool! 

Is this your first time to go on a 4 day cruise? If so, you'll soon notice that it's a slightly different atmosphere than what you'd have on a 7 day. There will be some people trying to cram as much activity as they can into 4 days, and others that will want to just relax and enjoy 4 days off from their everyday lives. Don't try to participate in everything on board. Pick and choose carefully, or you'll wear yourselves out. Enjoy your cruise, and take a little time to relax. Hope you have a good cruise!

1 hour ago, cloudninecat said:

Congratulations! 😎

4 days is not hardly enough for me so I would be looking to add the cruise right behind or before it for a b2b. 

I think this is an excellent idea.  Especially if you have to pay your airfare to get to the cruise.  Make it worth your time and money.  Don't forget to pay taxes on your cruise.  #AccountingNerdInTheHouse

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cloudninecat said:

Congratulations! 😎

4 days is not hardly enough for me so I would be looking to add the cruise right behind or before it for a b2b. 

I totally agree. We took one 5 day the first time we took our son and I was so depressed it was over so quick.

Have a great time! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCazer said:

I was literally sitting in the audience at the Today show and had Kathie Lee Gifford announce it, not 25 feet away from me on live tv.  So it’s safe to say it’s legit! 

The photo is screen shots of my sister and I from me DVRing it at home!

Great photo! I was watching that day. It was a wonderful show. Love that Carnival did this! Have a great cruise. We are sailing Sunrise soon and can’t wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyStar said:

I think this is an excellent idea.  Especially if you have to pay your airfare to get to the cruise.  Make it worth your time and money.  Don't forget to pay taxes on your cruise.  #AccountingNerdInTheHouse

I live in New York, and we sail from NY! So no airfare! Yay

taking a Bermuda cruise!

Edited by MCazer
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, cloudninecat said:

Congratulations! 😎

Yes, I agree, but we are sailing on Celebrity Constellation in October from Rome, and just don’t have the money or vacation time! 

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

I saw the show and it is interesting to hear from an audience member who won a cruise. There must have been much excitement in the studio that day !

Enjoy !

It was crazy exciting, and we were in the front row and the camera just panned right in front of us, as we were losing our minds!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuckyStar said:

Oh, they don’t let you out of the room without filling out the paperwork for the 1099! No “real” free cruises! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

Is this your first time to go on a 4 day cruise? If so, you'll soon notice that it's a slightly different atmosphere than what you'd have on a 7 day. There will be some people trying to cram as much activity as they can into 4 days, and others that will want to just relax and enjoy 4 days off from their everyday lives. Don't try to participate in everything on board. Pick and choose carefully, or you'll wear yourselves out. Enjoy your cruise, and take a little time to relax. Hope you have a good cruise!

Yes, I have, and totally doing the relaxation cruise.  We did a Bermuda cruise two years ago, so no surprises.  Will just be enjoying a totally new environment having never sailed Carnival.  

• Like 1