How to Check Inventory

DRedmond

I have seen many references in regards to checking inventory, especially in regards to the bidding process for upgrades.  I was just wondering how you go about checking the inventory of your ship to see how many rooms are still available and in which categories.  

• Like 1

As Jembeccatoo has prompted do a mock booking for the cabin you would like to be upgraded to.

OR - working with a TA (travel agent) and if they have a website use that to do the mock booking

OR - some of the Big Box stores have a Travel service check that also.

In any event this is only an indicator of availability and potential for upgrades - AND as BirdTravels

just posted that availability is limited to some 15 cabins in that category - in research my TA site and

a big box travel source I use are no better in seeing more cabins. NCL plays with a mean deck of cards ! 

Even though a category of stateroom is shown sold out does not mean that the upgrading is closed.

If you are in an Inside cabin and wanting an upgrade to a balcony and none are available there is

the possibility that a guest in a balcony wants an upgrade to a suite - when that guest gets his upgrade

the bidder with the best bid will get that balcony. And there maybe one or more upgrades. 

If you are before making the Final Payment and the cabin availability is bleek it maybe best to get that limited

upgraded cabin outright by simply paying more for it watching out that you don't lose or forfeit the Promos

bennies perks that your present cabin booking has. If you read CC frequently you will get the picture of how

the game is played. Not sure come back with questions.

To put it bluntly NCL will not let you see the BIG PICTURE of proprietary inventory - only a limited one of

up to 15 cabins in any class.

There is one thing you can do if you spot a cabin that you would like and it is not showing available - simply

call NCL and find out - at that same time maybe have a mirror image cabin or others in that location checked.

Also note the inventory can change from day to day till sailing with the upgrading and cancellations etc. be

alert and check frequently around that Final Payment date for those cancellations.