Alaskan Cruise

never_cruised

They are used throughout the season. The water features are all heated (pools, slides,  H20 grotto) to a summer pool water temperature. Hot tubs are hot and used. They serve hot soup on the pool deck. People are out and about. 

Outdoor buffet seating and waterfront all have overhead heaters. 

We sailed on the Bliss in June and water features were used daily. In July and August it is shorts and teeshirt weather in port. 

Edited by BirdTravels

For the most part SE Alaska is a rainforest - the steep mountains trap the low ocean clouds and creates lots of moisture in the way of both fog and rain. For the most part your highs will be in the low to mid 60's so if you are from AZ or FL you just might freeze. There are a few days each year where the clouds part and the sun comes in - but to give you an idea of how rare that is, Ketchikan has a liquid sunshine gauge !!

To answer your question more directly - the outdoor attractions will be running unless there is a safety reason as to why they should not. In my AK cruising experience the adults are in the hot tubs and only the kids are in the main pools and waterslides. I am not sure if they can run the go karts if it rains or not - the top part of the track is exposed to the weather.

Honestly, AK to me is more about the wildlife and scenery and less about the ship - it is just a floating hotel IMHO.

Please enjoy both your cruise and AK. For more information on AK ports visit www.cruiseportinsider.com

• Like 2

Another question if I may ?

Which cruise line offers the best selection of music on the Alaskan cruise ?

We love music from all eras but especially enjoy live performers and different types of music.

From my point of view the Koningsdam from Vancouver looks good however we have a nearly 13 yo who feels she's to old for onboard clubs lol and I'm not sure Holland America would be suited so opinions here would also be appreciated.

3 hours ago, never_cruised said:

Another question if I may ?

Which cruise line offers the best selection of music on the Alaskan cruise ?

We love music from all eras but especially enjoy live performers and different types of music.

From my point of view the Koningsdam from Vancouver looks good however we have a nearly 13 yo who feels she's to old for onboard clubs lol and I'm not sure Holland America would be suited so opinions here would also be appreciated.

Depends on what kind of music you like.  We've been on Princess and Norwegian, and we prefer Norwegian.  The Princess cruise we were on tended to be more classical -- string quartets playing around the ship.  My husband and I are both in our early 60's, and prefer music from the 60's and 70's.  We've found that NCL has more of that kind of music, so that's who we've gone with for the majority of our cruises.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, never_cruised said:

In the month of August are the outdoor attractions used on the Alaska cruise out of Seattle ?

I'm meaning the likes of the water slides , pools , hot tubs and so on ?

Out door attractions are open unless the weather is so bad that they have to close outside decks, even in the middle of the winter.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:08 PM, BirdTravels said:

They are used throughout the season. The water features are all heated (pools, slides,  H20 grotto) to a summer pool water temperature. Hot tubs are hot and used. They serve hot soup on the pool deck. People are out and about. 

Outdoor buffet seating and waterfront all have overhead heaters. 

We sailed on the Bliss in June and water features were used daily. In July and August it is shorts and teeshirt weather in port. 

Why would they serve up soup when you can just scoop it out of the hot tubs.

We sailed on the Celebrity Solstice in September out of Seattle and the weather was fantastic. We did an excursion in Juneau with a helicopter ride that landed on the glaciers and later that day when we came back  to the ship we were swimming in the outdoor pool. If the weather permits I am sure that everything would be available.  Alaska was one of my favorite cruises. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1