Does anyone know when Celebrity frees up 3-4 passenger cabins

LiveToCruise99

We're 63 days out from our sail date and looking to switch from a 2 person cabin (usually bed by the balcony) to a 3-4 person cabin (which has the bed by the bath).  There seems to be a lot of cabins available in all categories but they are only open when you indicate there are 3 or more people in your booking.  The number of 2 person cabins remaining are very limited and are in the higher priced categories.  My question is:  Does Celebrity have a set time to sailing or cabins still vacant when they typically release all cabins regardless of potential occupants in order to fill them?  

Edited by LiveToCruise99

I too have booked 3/4 person cabins prior but this particular one seems to be handled differently.  Even the Celebrity customer service rep was surprised but was unable to offer an explanation.  This has left me wondering if there has been a change in the way they hold rooms.  I even wondered if it might be because of the "bidding" system on cabins 30 days prior to sailing. 

1 hour ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

I too have booked 3/4 person cabins prior but this particular one seems to be handled differently.  Even the Celebrity customer service rep was surprised but was unable to offer an explanation.  This has left me wondering if there has been a change in the way they hold rooms.  I even wondered if it might be because of the "bidding" system on cabins 30 days prior to sailing. 

Oh I hope not...  we are 3 solos and are always able to get 3 SV cabins in a row in the aft when we have booked onboard.  RC will not let us do this, but we have always been successful on Celebrity. Currently have 3 cruises booked with this configuration.

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I have several 3/4 person cabins booked all the way to Feb. 2021. My TA has no problem booking these for us. 

I think the OP wants to book the cabin for two people.

We saw the same thing recently booking the Summit sailing in June.

Many more cabins showed up when selecting 3 people.

TA was able to book one of them for two of us without a problem.

Might just be another web site issue !!!

I do book these cabins for the two of us. Once a TA that I have not spoken with before told me he couldn't book one of these cabins for two. My regular TA was back the next day and booked the 3/4 cabin I wanted with no problem. We have these cabins booked for 3 more cruises this year, 4 nest year and 2  so far for 2021. 

They were not blocked when I was booking mine 5 months before the cruise. I booked one room for two and one for four. I can see all available when I picked the room for two. I hooked through a TA though.

Edited by Tourist1292

What ship is this? With the reduction in cabins that will accommodate 3-4 people, they may be taking Royal's approach and holding those cabins to make it easier for people that truly need the extra beds. I agree RC's policy is annoying, especially when it comes to their aft cabins, but I get it.

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

What ship is this? With the reduction in cabins that will accommodate 3-4 people, they may be taking Royal's approach and holding those cabins to make it easier for people that truly need the extra beds. I agree RC's policy is annoying, especially when it comes to their aft cabins, but I get it.

It is the Eclipse for the June 16, 2019 sailing.  I keep checking each day.  I've called twice and I'm told to keep checking back.  I understand the desire to fill cabins to the max but two couples sharing a balcony cabin is way too crowded (in my humble opinion) so filling them is doubtful.  And on that date kids are still in school so filling them that way is unlikely too.  I just wondered if the policy had changed.

15 minutes ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

It is the Eclipse for the June 16, 2019 sailing.  I keep checking each day.  I've called twice and I'm told to keep checking back.  I understand the desire to fill cabins to the max but two couples sharing a balcony cabin is way too crowded (in my humble opinion) so filling them is doubtful.  And on that date kids are still in school so filling them that way is unlikely too.  I just wondered if the policy had changed.

Not sure about the schedules where you reside, but here school ends for kids around the 3rd week of May... so definitely mid June is peak vacation season for many!

Edited by the_dylaness

When I booked my next cruise, I wasn't able to pick a 3/4 person cabin for the two of us online. My Celebrity Vacation planner seems to be able to override lots of things. He was able to get the cabin that I wanted. Call again tomorrow. A different CSR might be able to do what you want.

Call Celebrity.  Cabins are designated for maximum # of people.  Even if there is enough bedding, you may not be able to put a 3rd person in the cabin.  Concierge cabins often are big enough for 3-4. However, if you try to book them with more than3, you cannot get them.  Also, ship has a total max of passengers.  If there are lots of kids booked, the ship may have hit that maximum. Then you will not be allowed more than 2 per cabin.  The max is linked to capacity of lifeboats. With the new kids sail free, there will be a big push to put extra people in a cabin. Need a cabin for 3-4, book early. Waiting for cabins to open up is a gamble. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm the OP and thought I would check back in with an update.  We are now just over 30 days to sail date.  I have phoned Celebrity and I have emailed my Celebrity cruise planner.  When doing a mock booking, there are only 2 cabins for 2 people and both are bed by the balcony.  We want bed by the bath for a couple of reasons, one being medical.  There are hundreds (yes hundreds) of 3+ occupancy cabins most of which are beds by the bath.  Even as late as Friday last week they were still telling me that the powers that be would not release them yet.  This is mind boggling to me.  I've booked a 3+ (bed by the bath) cabin many times prior and have 2 future cruises with this layout.  I just don't understand why this cruise is so different.

I am from the U.K. and I have been able to go right through the booking process, (except for payment) for two people after selecting a cabin that holds three people for your cruise. 

Which category are you looking at?

We are presently booked in a 1C on the 8th floor but would move to any forward cabin from the 6th to the 10th.  After seeing the response from bengaltiger1 that you were able to mock book a 3+ cabin, I went through another mock booking and sure enough all the cabins have been released.  Yeahhhhhh!  And I've called and been moved.   I guess I wasn't patient enough.  Thank you to everyone for responding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

We are presently booked in a 1C on the 8th floor but would move to any forward cabin from the 6th to the 10th.  After seeing the response from bengaltiger1 that you were able to mock book a 3+ cabin, I went through another mock booking and sure enough all the cabins have been released.  Yeahhhhhh!  And I've called and been moved.   I guess I wasn't patient enough.  Thank you to everyone for responding.

Fantastic 😄

We ran into this problem in January.  Tried to book "our cabin" (we've stayed in this cabin multiple times in the past and love it - and of course can remember the cabin number) for our next cruise while on board.  The future cruise associate said they are no longer allowing that so we booked another room.  When we got home we called Celebrity and asked to change the cabin to the one we originally wanted.  Again, no luck.  New policy forbids it.  He did say he could request an exception which we asked him to do.  After checking, he said that since it was a European itinerary we would need to get the exception from the person in charge of that (I forget their title) in Europe.  We gave up.  But I am like the OP, I like the bed near the bathroom, not the balcony.  It seems all the doubles in the category we chose (on the hump) have the doubles near the balcony.