Coco Cay Cabanas - Assigned not selected

ptod

1 minute ago, panzafit said:

Once you get to the Cabana area the attendant will have wristbands for however many you are allowed.  I believe with the Perfect Day change over it is 8 people.  I know last year as long as people either gave my name (as the reservation was under me) or cabana # they were given a wristband until I reached the max number of people allowed.

In March at South Beach (that is closed now) you checked in at a booth with last name and cabin number. They gave you the wrist band and walked you to your cabana. I’m guessing there will be a “meeting” spot at each area to check-in and have an orientation of what’s included and who your attendant is for the day. 

1 hour ago, panzafit said:

Once you get to the Cabana area the attendant will have wristbands for however many you are allowed.  I believe with the Perfect Day change over it is 8 people.  I know last year as long as people either gave my name (as the reservation was under me) or cabana # they were given a wristband until I reached the max number of people allowed.

Just a heads up, some cabanas are for 8 people but there is at least one for 6.  That is Thrill Water Park.

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a heads up, some cabanas are for 8 people but there is at least one for 6.  That is Thrill Water Park.

Yup - we have the one for 6...Water Thrill Park. When you figure out the admission for that...an extra $27 per person seems quite reasonable for the convenience of a Cabana as a "base station" on Coco Cay.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

True!  I was just responding back to someone who stated they reserved a cabana in Chill Island section, which is 8. 

I also had to talk with Royal rep today on a different matter but asked about the letters.  She told me the letters don't mean anything or indicate any specific cabana, she stated if it was going to reference a specific cabana it would have had a number that corresponds to the number on the cabana and that I should go to customer service when I get on the boat and pick my cabana.  Not sure how accurate that is or if we will know exactly until it all opens up in May.  Just thought I would share.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Yup - we have the one for 6...Water Thrill Park. When you figure out the admission for that...an extra $27 per person seems quite reasonable for the convenience of a Cabana as a "base station" on Coco Cay.

It’s not a bad price at all. 

Somewhat off topic but for those booked before May 1 cruise, without any sort of mention of an assignment on cabana reservation; do you go to shore excursions desk or guest relations desk?

I'm hoping guest relations b/c I already need to go there when board.

I booked a Thrill Park Cabana back in January when they were first released. My receipt says "C" for the June 28th Adventure sailing.  No one else on my roll call has mentioned booking one, so I don't know if "C" is just a placeholder or a designation.

Just received this email tonight:

Good Evening Greg 

At this time I do not actually have a Map of these Cabana's as they have yet to be placed. Once this is done I will be able to take a drone photo and create a Map. 

We plan to have this taken care of by the 29th of April if you would like to reach out once again after this date as a gentle reminder to myself if I have not yet sent you the map. 

The decision has been made to have all the Oasis Lagoon Cabana's in the same location. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thank you

Best Regards, 

Phillipa Joyner
Dive Manager

Perfect Day at CocoCay

I got H for navigator

Unless there are some good news from royal that we dont know until may 1st this new system to pre assign cabanas will bring so many unhappy people to the island.  I really dont care if I'm on the left or the right but I prefer to be in the front row. Or maybe they no longer have a cabana behind another instead they are all in single line who knows. 

14 hours ago, GSBrockman said:

Just received this email tonight:

Good Evening Greg 

At this time I do not actually have a Map of these Cabana's as they have yet to be placed. Once this is done I will be able to take a drone photo and create a Map. 

We plan to have this taken care of by the 29th of April if you would like to reach out once again after this date as a gentle reminder to myself if I have not yet sent you the map. 

The decision has been made to have all the Oasis Lagoon Cabana's in the same location. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thank you

Best Regards, 

Phillipa Joyner
Dive Manager

Perfect Day at CocoCay

That's nice of him. 

They are assigning the same word to everyone sailing the same day. 

I told my friend to book a cabana, he is sailing with us and our reservation is not yet linked with mine. He did and was assigned  H, same  as mine.  I made a complete refundable new reservation and yes I also got the same letter - I guess we r missing something here or the system is not working right-

Edited by mcatmcat

2 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

They are assigning the same word to everyone sailing the same day. 

I told my friend to book a cabana, he is sailing with us and our reservation is not yet linked with mine. He did and was assigned  H, same  as mine.  I made a complete refundable new reservation and yes I also got the same letter - I guess we r missing something here or the system is not working right-

Put me down for $10 on that bet...

• Like 1