Coco Cay Cabanas - Assigned not selected

ptod

This post refers to the Cabanas that are located near the jet ski area.

The Anthem 4/6 sailing - we went to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as we boarded in order to select a cabana.  Staff told us that was no longer possible - cabanas are now assigned by reservation date.  For reference, we reserved in October '18 for April '19 sailing - ended up with Cabana #11 - front row - about middle of the row.

Are others still able to pick the cabana or have you run into this change as well?

How long were they available to purchase before you actually did ? What type of cabana is this ? So basically you had no choice...they chose for you ?

Coco Cay is going to be a first for us in May 2020 so very interested in how this is all working.

I'm pretty sure I read less than a week ago about a person going to excursion desk and selecting his own cabana number, I believe they are going into the transition mode to the new system in May at coco cay and every employee is telling you and doing whatever they want lol

Quick question , how did you find out what cabana you had was it when you arrived at the beach?

8 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I'm pretty sure I read less than a week ago about a person going to excursion desk and selecting his own cabana number, I believe they are going into the transition mode to the new system in May at coco cay and every employee is telling you and doing whatever they want lol

Quick question , how did you find out what cabana you had was it when you arrived at the beach?

From what I've read everything seems to be in flux. We booked a Chill Island cabana for our Navigator cruise next month. We're in a suite but only found mixed information on a suite area until Twangster and John&LaLa answered my question with the disclaimer: for now. We're holding onto the reservation at least until we hear from the concierge.

15 hours ago, ptod said:

This post refers to the Cabanas that are located near the jet ski area.

The Anthem 4/6 sailing - we went to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as we boarded in order to select a cabana.  Staff told us that was no longer possible - cabanas are now assigned by reservation date.  For reference, we reserved in October '18 for April '19 sailing - ended up with Cabana #11 - front row - about middle of the row.

Are others still able to pick the cabana or have you run into this change as well?

This is weird but I guess I don't mind it so much if the earlier booking gets the better cabanas.  It's just how do they decide what is better?  Closer to the water might be obvious but maybe some would like to be closer to the bathroom and some further away.  

We've seen some people post high prices showing in planner for cabanas.  Perhaps it will be a way to sell the best cabanas at original price and then those who book later on a sale price (or have to cancel and rebook to get lower price), won't get the nicer cabana locations. Sort of like UDP pax get cheaper per meal cost but those willing to pay full price and book online will get the better times.

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

How long were they available to purchase before you actually did ? What type of cabana is this ? So basically you had no choice...they chose for you ?

Coco Cay is going to be a first for us in May 2020 so very interested in how this is all working.

I had first reserved a bungalow for our cruise in May '18 then in Oct'18 there was a sale on cabanas that made them the same price as I had for the bungalow so I switched.

No choice - we found out the cabana number as we got our wristbands and towels at cabana cove.

14 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I had read that you could choose the cabana before we left and actually it was one of the few decisions that I insisted my DH make on this trip - he was crushed that he couldn't choose. hahahahaha

For those reserving a cabana on CocoCay...

There is a numbering system assigned that varies based on which cabana location you reserve.

In our case...we booked the Water Thrill Park cabana. On the Royal Caribbean confirmation email...it shows we have Cabana G. Since there are 12 total available in that area, it would appear that one way or another...we have an "end" one.

11 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

For those reserving a cabana on CocoCay...

There is a numbering system assigned that varies based on which cabana location you reserve.

In our case...we booked the Water Thrill Park cabana. On the Royal Caribbean confirmation email...it shows we have Cabana G. Since there are 12 total available in that area, it would appear that one way or another...we have an "end" one.

We reserved one on chill island and it listed G.  Hopefully this is not just a placeholder and everyone is listed as G for all cabanas.

If reserving pre-May they are just regular "Oceanview Deluxe Cabins" and maybe worth a call to Shore Excursions desk to find out if preassigned.  I don't need to board and wait in line to pick cabana if it's already been done.

22 hours ago, ptod said:

How was the deluxe lunch and did you have bar staff coming by to offer drinks?  There are some recent reviews about less than steller bar service at the cabanas.  Thanks for any info.

I was assigned Chill Island Cabana A for June 30th Harmony sailing.  Hmmm....does that mean I was the first to reserve..I find that hard to believe.  Hopefully cabana A is decent.  Last year I was able to pick my cabana so I guess I will see.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, later said:

We reserved one on chill island and it listed G.  Hopefully this is not just a placeholder and everyone is listed as G for all cabanas.

I do think it is, as Oasis are E , I think thats how they are coding them. 

6 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

I know of one person on our same cruise with Cabana C and the post above reflects Cabana A...so it would seem they are indeed specific assigned units.

9 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

I am not sure what you are saying.  They are coding by ship or by cabana units?

I am assuming you mean unit.

There have been both Harmony and Symphony listed as E.  We are on Mariner and listed as G.

We will have a more definitive answer after May.  We don’t go until September.

Edited by later

We are assigned to A on Allure of the Seas for December 22nd sailing.  Look forward to hearing Panzafit finds out about their cabana location.  I was surprised when I just checked  our reservation there was an assignment.  Please let us know how you like the cabana.

While on the Anthem in March, I spoke with the Excursions manager who emailed the Adventure OTS manager to put a request in for a specific cabana for our May sailing cabana reservation.  I then followed up with emails to the Diamond and Concierge staff to see if they could assist. I received emails back from both saying they would keep an eye out for the final assignments prior to the sailing. 

I suspect the Cabana assignment "labels" (A,B,S, 1,2,3...) will vary depending on which area on Coco Cay they are located...there are several Cabana sites.  Since the "official" Coco Cay opening is coming up in less than 30 days...more will be reported as people enjoy this venues.

• Like 1

Talk to me about the Cabanas on Coco Cay. If it makes a difference we will be at the Oasis lagoon.

I'm used to the ones at St. Martin. Fully enclosed with A/C, or you can leave the door open and relax on the small patio.

2 hours ago, Vlgg731 said:

We are assigned to A on Allure of the Seas for December 22nd sailing.  Look forward to hearing Panzafit finds out about their cabana location.  I was surprised when I just checked  our reservation there was an assignment.  Please let us know how you like the cabana.

I will let you know.  December 22nd is my wedding anniversary. 🙂

• Like 1