Just returned from Majesty of the Seas - any questions?

Just returned Sunday from 5 nights on Majesty of the Seas visiting Key West and overnight in Havana.  We did a car tour with Havana Cars and RC excursion to the La Zorra y el Cuervo jazz club.  It was an incredible trip!   I didn’t see many posts about Majesty when I was researching our trip so I thought I would try to help future Majesty cruisers!   Any questions???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcbookworm said:

Just returned Sunday from 5 nights on Majesty of the Seas visiting Key West and overnight in Havana.  We did a car tour with Havana Cars and RC excursion to the La Zorra y el Cuervo jazz club.  It was an incredible trip!   I didn’t see many posts about Majesty when I was researching our trip so I thought I would try to help future Majesty cruisers!   Any questions???

What time did you leave Havana on the second day there?  We are suppose to do this itinerary on June 24.  I sure hope we still get to go.

How did you enjoy the ship?  I see that your previous cruise was Symphony  (which is opposite in size and amenities) so did you find enough to do on Majesty?  We looked at Majesty for a Dec cruise as the price was good (but went with Adventure instead)

PS - Any pictures to share?

Edited by LuCruise

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Did you see any drink cards for sale, and if so when did they appear and what was the cost?

I did not see them for sale, but the lady at the table next to us in the MDR had a "5 drinks" card that she gave to the waiter for her cocktail. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

What time did you leave Havana on the second day there?  We are suppose to do this itinerary on June 24.  I sure hope we still get to go.

All guests had to be onboard at 11:30 am and the ship left about noon.  We got up early and spent the morning out in the city.  We got in line about 11:00 am which was actually the closest to "all aboard" we ever got in line to get back on the ship.  Lots of people got in line at the last minute, but the line moved really fast!  It was great to have that extra morning!

Are there any themed nights like a white party? No formal nights, right? I am on the June 24th sailing, same itinerary. 

Did you do traditional dining? If so, were you pleased with the food in the dining room? I was last on Majesty in November 1993 — she will seem small now! 

How was the motion of the ship? 

Thank you! 

We set sail on the Majesty next Saturday and this will be our third cruise.  The first being the Oasis and we were wowed by her sheer size, shows and things to do; the second was the Grandeur and we were wowed with the friendly crew and the intimacy of the ship.   What was your experience with the crew?  Where was your favorite place to spend the day and evenings?  What time did you board on embarkation day?

8 hours ago, LuCruise said:

How did you enjoy the ship?  I see that your previous cruise was Symphony  (which is opposite in size and amenities) so did you find enough to do on Majesty?  We looked at Majesty for a Dec cruise as the price was good (but went with Adventure instead)

PS - Any pictures to share?

I cruised on Majesty in 2005, but my husband has never been on a ship that small.  After our self tour the first day, he was a little let down like "is that all there is?" LOL.  But right away we got used to it and it was nice not to have to walk far for anything.  The only activities we did was to sit in the lounges and listen to music and go the show in the theater every night.  There was a really great late night adult comedy show also.  While Symphony for us was all about the ship and not so much the ports (Symphony IS the destination!), Majesty was all about the day and a half in Havana!  We also walked all over Key West so we were off the ship for basically 2 1/2 days.  We did miss things like Central Park and the Aquatheater, but we enjoyed just relaxing after a long day of touring.  We did things on this ship that we never did on other cruises since there aren't as many choices onboard - we did Chef's Table (which was amazing!!!), Sushi Making Class (delicious and fun!), Bottomless Mimosa Galley Tour and Brunch (which was very good).  I have TONS of pics, but not my computer which is what I am typing on right now, but will post some later. 

• Like 1

I highly recommend Chef's table on Majesty we did it twice. Nice small groups of 10. Especially since their isn't any other upscale dining.

I didn't mind the small ship. The only thing we really noticed not having was a solarium. From the Viking crown forward, it's a lot like any other ship. Chop out the solarium and the stack is just behind the Viking crown that's about the difference.

The theater is nice, similar to the other bigger ships.

5 hours ago, suizas said:

Are there any themed nights like a white party? No formal nights, right? I am on the June 24th sailing, same itinerary. 

Did you do traditional dining? If so, were you pleased with the food in the dining room? I was last on Majesty in November 1993 — she will seem small now! 

How was the motion of the ship? 

Thank you! 

Yes, there are themes every night and 1 formal night. 

Night 1 Casual

Night 2 Formal / 50s and 60s attire

Night 3 Casual / 70s Disco attire

Night 4 Casual / Caribbean attire

Night 5 Casual / 80s attire

The show, music, and dance parties match the theme of each night.

We did MDR 2 nights and the food was very good.  The other nights we did Chefs Table (highly recommend!!), Sushi Making Class (very fun and delicious!), and Windjammer after a long day in Havana.

There was quite a bit of motion.  We just came off Symphony in January and were surprised at the difference.  Not enough to make us nauseous or bother us but it was noticeable.

Like kcbookworm, we also found the smallness of the ship to be relaxing.  Never felt like we were missing "something" and did some things we never do on the bigger ships.  We watched movies by the pool every night because we had never seen the ones being offered.  I rarely do that on big ships (except for the Oasis which I do love the movies in the Aqua Theater).  Majesty to Cuba and Key West was one of the most relaxing cruise vacations we've taken in years.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

We set sail on the Majesty next Saturday and this will be our third cruise.  The first being the Oasis and we were wowed by her sheer size, shows and things to do; the second was the Grandeur and we were wowed with the friendly crew and the intimacy of the ship.   What was your experience with the crew?  Where was your favorite place to spend the day and evenings?  What time did you board on embarkation day?

The crew was very good,.  I feel like the service on Symphony was better - but the service on Symphony was exemplary!  We enjoyed the Schooner Bar and Boleros in the evening and also went to the theater shows.  There was also a late night adult comedy show that was great  We were off the ship basically 2 1/2 days, but while on the ship, we really enjoyed the upper decks at the front of the ship.  And there are some great chairs under the movie screen by the pool!  It is quieter up there and a great place to people watch.  We arrived about 11:00 am and were onboard by 11:30 am.  Checkin was very quick.  We really enjoyed the Park Café on Oasis and Symphony - so I will point out that the Compass Café on Majesty was like a small version.  One day they even had the carved roast beef sandwiches!

18 hours ago, mac1_131 said:

I highly recommend Chef's table on Majesty we did it twice. Nice small groups of 10. Especially since their isn't any other upscale dining.

I didn't mind the small ship. The only thing we really noticed not having was a solarium. From the Viking crown forward, it's a lot like any other ship. Chop out the solarium and the stack is just behind the Viking crown that's about the difference.

The theater is nice, similar to the other bigger ships.

We have never done a Chef's Table because there are so many food choices on the larger ships.  So we decided to do it on Majesty.  It was fantastic!  It did take 3 hours, but it was a great time with the wine flowing the whole time.  The long duration is because the Chef comes out to tell you about the dish and serve it to you.  Then he goes back to the kitchen to make the next course.   We also did the Galley Tour and Brunch and the Sushi Making Class and both were great.

10 hours ago, FirstCruise2331 said:

Was there a piano player / singer or guitar player / singer on board or a house band? I like live music when having a few drinks before or after dinner! We sail in November for 4 night with Havana stop. 

Yes, live music every night in the Schooner Bar and Boleros and also in the Centrum.  We did miss Jazz on 4 and Dazzles on the larger ships, but we found live music to listen to every night.

4 hours ago, kcbookworm said:

The crew was very good,.  I feel like the service on Symphony was better - but the service on Symphony was exemplary!  We enjoyed the Schooner Bar and Boleros in the evening and also went to the theater shows.  There was also a late night adult comedy show that was great  We were off the ship basically 2 1/2 days, but while on the ship, we really enjoyed the upper decks at the front of the ship.  And there are some great chairs under the movie screen by the pool!  It is quieter up there and a great place to people watch.  We arrived about 11:00 am and were onboard by 11:30 am.  Checkin was very quick.  We really enjoyed the Park Café on Oasis and Symphony - so I will point out that the Compass Café on Majesty was like a small version.  One day they even had the carved roast beef sandwiches!

Thank you, we loved the Schooner Bar on the Grandeur and the Majesty looks very similar so looking forward to a few drinks there and also would like to have a few dances at Boleros.  Planning on a few lite lunches at Compass Deli the soups and sandwiches were great on the Grandeur.  

How did you like Key West?  I was there in the late 70's and looking forward to see it again.

13 hours ago, kcbookworm said:

Yes, live music every night in the Schooner Bar and Boleros and also in the Centrum.  We did miss Jazz on 4 and Dazzles on the larger ships, but we found live music to listen to every night.

Thanks! We have sailed Enchantment and Ovation and enjoy the live music. We are on Allure in 3 weeks, so Majesty will be a lot different! I don't mind the smaller ship for a short cruise and picked its because of the Havana stop. 

Just like Columbo I have one more question... are there coca-cola freestyle machines on board for the drinks packages? 

Edited by FirstCruise2331

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, WVHillbilly said:

Thank you, we loved the Schooner Bar on the Grandeur and the Majesty looks very similar so looking forward to a few drinks there and also would like to have a few dances at Boleros.  Planning on a few lite lunches at Compass Deli the soups and sandwiches were great on the Grandeur.  

How did you like Key West?  I was there in the late 70's and looking forward to see it again.

We loved Key West!  So pretty and easy to walk around.  We walked all the say to the southernmost point buoy.  Walked past the Hemingway House and the Little White House.  Stopped on the way back and had drinks and lunch at Blue Heaven - I highly recommend it!  We didn't actually tour anything - just walked and enjoyed the sights and beautiful weather!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, Host Clarea said:

Did you see any drink cards for sale, and if so when did they appear and what was the cost?

I just returned a week ago, April 14 on the Majesty 5 night with Key West and Overnight in Havana. I noticed the drink card appear 2 days before the end of the cruise. 5 drinks for $35 and can be shared with friends. 

23 minutes ago, akolasz said:

5 drinks for $35 and can be shared with friends. 

That’s the first report I have seen for something other than a 10 drink card and at such low price ( typically closer to $8/ drink).