Wristband instead of seapass card

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not always, we have reports of guests being told they have to buy a new one.

On Harmony back in 2016 guest services first told me they can´t be reused. I insisted (as I was told on here they can). So they went back and asked and finally the answer was yes.

Last year on Symphony we asked at guest services and were directly sent to Boleros where they sold them. No problem, they just replaced on for free which had the muster station printed on it.

steamboats

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

However, they are not sunscreen proof...rubs the writing right off the SeaPass card.  The card will still scan just fine, though.

Very true. My wife said I should mention that. I save my sea pass cards and I have two that are hard to read from sunscreen.

17 hours ago, Robo1098 said:

The card is waterproof also. It doesn't hurt it to get wet.

17 hours ago, SakeDad said:

I honestly don't see an advantage to the wrist band. The card is waterproof, you can keep it in your swimsuit if going into the pool. I bought this cell phone case and it's great to keep my Sea Pass and ID in. Plus my Samsung S7 is waterproof to certain depths so I don't have to worry about that either and it has a great camera so I leave the big camera for special times. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6FRXHO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't get suntan lotion on it. 😉

Oops, already brought up.

Apologies 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, SakeDad said:

I honestly don't see an advantage to the wrist band. The card is waterproof, you can keep it in your swimsuit if going into the pool. I bought this cell phone case and it's great to keep my Sea Pass and ID in. Plus my Samsung S7 is waterproof to certain depths so I don't have to worry about that either and it has a great camera so I leave the big camera for special times. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6FRXHO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sounds like they might be better for kids, as they would be much harder to lose than a card

• Like 1

My wife and I enjoyed having them on Harmony. We were in a GS so they were complimentary, but we found use for them. My bathing suit pockets are iffy at best, so it was nice having the wrist band since they let you keep them on when riding the flowrider and slides. No issues at bars getting drinks, just hold out your arm and tap the reader. We took our cards to restaurants anyway so we didn’t have to fumble taking the wristband on/off to order drinks. 

Of course, like anything on board, anything that costs extra you have to decide for yourself if it’s worth it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nashirak said:

My wife and I enjoyed having them on Harmony. We were in a GS so they were complimentary, but we found use for them. My bathing suit pockets are iffy at best, so it was nice having the wrist band since they let you keep them on when riding the flowrider and slides. No issues at bars getting drinks, just hold out your arm and tap the reader. We took our cards to restaurants anyway so we didn’t have to fumble taking the wristband on/off to order drinks. 

Of course, like anything on board, anything that costs extra you have to decide for yourself if it’s worth it. 

I believe the issue with drinks is if you are not at the bar. Is the waitstaff carrying RFID readers now?

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe the issue with drinks is if you are not at the bar. Is the waitstaff carrying RFID readers now?

The only time we weren’t at the bar to order was at a restaurant (we brought our cards to give). But having to take it off constantly would be annoying. 

• Thanks 1