Nespresso ??

Hambagahle

43 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

No one has suggested supplying top tier benefits to other suites. My understanding was that the OP, @Hambagahle, favours Master or Grand suites.

Yes - she apparently does.  I misunderstood and assumed if Regent is now supplying Nespresso machines to Grand and Master suites that she would automatically get one - without having to ask.

I'll be on Explorer later this year and will see if there is a Nespresso machine in our suite.  When we are on Splendor with them next year, we will not be in a Grand or Master suite but will be happy if Gerry is able to have Nespresso in her Grand suite.  

My son recently convinced us to purchase a Nespresso machine and brother for our home.  We really enjoy it, but no more than our Saecco expresso machine.  On our previous Regent cruises I know we had a coffee machine in our Concierge cabin, but it may have been an Illy cafe.  It was sort of a nuisance so we just had our room steward bring us lattes from his machine.

I enjoyed the Illy coffee maker very much on our Silversea cruise last November. Our HAL Neptune suite also had a pod style coffee maker. I don't remember what brand it was, but it wasn't intuitive as to how to fill it with water and insert the pod, and there was no manual provided. I'm not sure what the brand of coffee pod was since it was only marked with the type of roast. I only like medium or dark roast, and neither was very good. I preferred the coffee provided with the room service breakfast, or with breakfast in the Pinnacle. I love a cup of coffee as soon as I wake up and made a few as espresso shots  from the dark roast in the suite on the days that I had to wait for the restaurant to open for breakfast. At home, I don't use a Keurig, and just brew my own. I know plenty of people that use Keurig, but have only heard of Nespresso on the George Clooney commercial. I guess it's not popular in SW Florida. 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:56 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Yes - she apparently does.  I misunderstood and assumed if Regent is now supplying Nespresso machines to Grand and Master suites that she would automatically get one - without having to ask.

I'll be on Explorer later this year and will see if there is a Nespresso machine in our suite.  When we are on Splendor with them next year, we will not be in a Grand or Master suite but will be happy if Gerry is able to have Nespresso in her Grand suite.  

I asked my TA to give me Regent's US Customer Service e mail address (living in Europe I would have had to deal with Southampton...which for a lot of reasons I did not want to do).  She said "I'll handle it".  Ten minutes later she emailed me to tell me the Nespresso machine would be waiting for me!!  How about that!  Jackie - you and Dennis must come for a coffee or two!

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I asked my TA to give me Regent's US Customer Service e mail address (living in Europe I would have had to deal with Southampton...which for a lot of reasons I did not want to do).  She said "I'll handle it".  Ten minutes later she emailed me to tell me the Nespresso machine would be waiting for me!!  How about that!  Jackie - you and Dennis must come for a coffee or two!

What a great TA!  Since you will be in a Grand suite, wouldn't the machine be there anyway?  We should be able to try the Nespresso machine when we are onboard Explorer in November.  We would still enjoy having coffee with you two.