Ocean Cay Website

eroller

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm in finance and I chuckled at the comment, too. Reminds me of something a priest friend of mine used to say; "it's not school that I hate, it's the principal of the thing." :classic_biggrin:

Well I am glad I made you chuckle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

I am not aware of any other cruise line that charges for food and most include the drink package when you have the drink package on-board.

Here is a quick rundown for clarity:

Half Moon Cay: Owned by CCL (Carnival, Princess, and Holland America). Complimentary buffet. It's been a while since I've been there so I don't recall if the drink package is included at HMC but there were many included food options.

Great Stirrup Cay: Owned by NCL. Drink package and buffet are complimentary. I was just there several months ago and the buffet is enormous. Ribs, Chicken, Fish, plus burgers/dogs, full salad bar, etc... They even had an entire pig 'roasted' (which I don't believe was actually roasted in the ground, but it was a whole roasted pig none-the-less).

CocoCay: Owned by RCL: Drink package and buffet are complimentary. I was just here a few weeks ago and RCL has really upped the buffet options plus they offer Grilling stations and they have separate food areas scattered throughout the island. This was the best lunch we had all week on RCL. Fish, chicken, and ribs were straight off the grill. All complimentary. 

Castaway Cay: Disney. Haven't been, but I would bet the food is complimentary. Someone who has been could comment.

Semi-Private LaBadee: This technically isn't owned by RCL as it's a private section of Haiti. But the above applies. Drink package and complimentary food. Their buffet area is also enormous. 

Semi-Private Mahagony Bay: I don't believe Carnival owns this section of Hondorous. I believe it's like Labadee and Harvest Cay where Carnival has a private beach area but it's technically not a private island. 

Semi-Private Harvest Caye: NCL. I haven't been there so I can't comment. But this definitely isn't an area owned by NCL.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Harvest Caye is totally owned by NCL. They bought and built the entire facility. No food or drinks are free on the Caye, even if you have the beverage package. However MSC has now said the buffet on Ocean Cay will now be free and they will also honor the drink package on the Cay after numerous guest complaints.

Edited by U4icmusic

7 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

Harvest Caye is totally owned by NCL. They bought and built the entire facility. No food or drinks are free on the Caye, even if you have the beverage package. However MSC has now said the buffet on Ocean Cay will now be free and they will also honor the drink package on the Cay after numerous guest complaints.

When MSC first announced they would be charging for the buffet on Ocean Cay, several of us speculated that MSC would change their policy. It was a bad idea and they rectified. For those of us who follow MSC, we weren't at all surprised :).  Good news for the guests. 

• 2 weeks later...