D+ buy one get one speciality restaurant benefit

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Rory.

We have just got off a 3 night cruise on Independence from Southampton UK.

We went to Giovanni's every night and the food was fantastic.

We used the D+ BOGO on board and on all 3 nights Giovanni's was never more than 25% full even with the waiters trying to upsell.

The manager was brilliant and gave us 50% off the last night so our total bill was $96 plus I gave $32 cash to our excellent waiters.

I can see them offering BOGO in your situation as the restaurant was only 25% full. We are not D+ and have been offered BOGO onboard at times when seats are available. 

Great tipping too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Never seen 3 n for $69..... it’s $99 or once I got it for $89...?

Our last cruise on serenade was 3 nights for $69.  Was able to purchase it for both cruises of a b2b for $69 for 3 nights.  Although the cheapest it has been is $75 for 3 nights on our Alaska cruise in July.

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I can see them offering BOGO in your situation as the restaurant was only 25% full. We are not D+ and have been offered BOGO onboard at times when seats are available. 

Great tipping too!

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sellwingri said:

If the specialty restaurants aren’t doing well on a cruise, they’ll usually let you use your diamond plus BOGO on any day.  We just ask at the displays they have set up outside the Windjammer.  

I agree and sometimes/generally offered to any guests too. 

Booking one online before the cruise and then showing with two and using D+ BOGO seems to be working the system. Just don’t want the benefit to be taken away. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Upcoming Mariner is $76 for 3 night Unlimited, and $99 for 4 day unlimited. Hoping to use the 4 night pkg to get lunch at Izumi. 

Downside to pkg is you dont get reservations until you board.  

If you do the 3-night package, you can also probably use at least one of your D+ BOGO dinners. Why not use the package the 1st night and then 3rd, 4th, etc. and use the BOGO on the second? There's nothing about the 3-night package that says it must be used the first three nights, only that one needs to be used the first or second night. 

12 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The description says nights 1 & 2. If Royal enforced their requirements, I wonder how many would complain?

The description is confusing. Previously we have booked Giovanni’s for day 1 or 2, then the second bogo sometime during the cruise. On the Indy in May ‘19 they tried to get us to take the meals on day 1 & 2, it took a lot of argument for them to change.

2 hours ago, ingres said:

The description is confusing.

Confusing? Every D+ receive a letter in the cabin at the beginning of every cruise when you enter your cabin for the first time. Whether the specific staff on board enforce the rule it is the question.

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2390 - Copy.JPG

And then in the fine print (of course) it says this:

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice."

Basically they can do what they want when they want. It will be on a ship by ship basis.

I do think they will let you do it as much as possible going forward as your D+ bogo is way more expensive to use than most of the dining packages, so they'd rather take your higher charge to eat at the same venue as the table next to you.

Edited by Hoopster95

On 5/30/2019 at 10:18 AM, grapau27 said:

Our total bill for 3 nights in Giovanni's including D+ BOGO was $96.

Additionally I gave $32 in cash tips to our wonderful waiters.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:04 AM, little britain said:

It’s under £61.00 for Rhapsody later in the year.

8 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

It’s under £61.00 for Rhapsody later in the year.

Is that per person?

Our total bill for 2 of us for 3 nights was $96 in Giovanni's or $48pp or $16pp per day.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27