Breakfast on last day

We have only cruised once and it was 8 years ago. On the last day we had breakfast in the MDR and still had time to sit up by the pool before it was our time to get off. I can't remember if we carried our luggage off of not. Can anyone tell me if we can still do this and if so how does it work now with luggage? We will have our kids with us so we probably won't want to carry our own luggage off the ship. Can we have a nice breakfast and then get off? 

Yes- you can put your luggage outside your room the night before, keep your carryons and have a nice relaxing breakfast in the MDR... then proceed to exit the ship when they call your number, pick up your luggage and head down the road!

• Like 1

You can get breakfast, but I don't think they'll allow you to lounge too long by the pool (unless you eat breakfast very early).  They like to get people off so that they can prepare for the next group coming on (usually around 11:30 am).  Also, I've found the earlier off the ship you are, the less line you have for customs.  The later off the ship, the longer the customs line...so with kids that may be something to consider??   Here's what I found for breakfast times on debarkation day:

• The main dining room serves breakfast 6:30am-8:30am (open seating)
  • The lido restaurant serves breakfast 6:30am-9:15am
  • Cafe on the Way is open 6:30am-9:30am

16 hours ago, sredish said:

I've found the earlier off the ship you are, the less line you have for customs.  The later off the ship, the longer the customs line...so with kids that may be something to consider??

Hi Sredish & @firstcruiseoct11 ☺️

After retrieving luggage, If using porter service to assist, porters use a seperate line at customs, bypassing the long lines completely & you are out of a cruise terminal extremely fast. 

🌴

12 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

After retrieving luggage, If using porter service to assist, porters use a seperate line at customs, bypassing the long lines completely & you are out of a cruise terminal extremely fast. 

🌴

Porter Service? I am not familiar with this. Can you please explain? 

37 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

🌴

24 minutes ago, firstcruiseoct11 said:

Porter Service? I am not familiar with this. Can you please explain? 

Hi firstcruiseoct11 ☺️

On the last night of the cruise, you put your luggage outside your stateroom. The staff then collects the baggage so that it can be offloaded in the morning. Once you’ve gotten off the ship, you’ll claim your baggage much like one would at the airport. 

Then you grab a porter, they put your luggage on a cart & they bring/wheel your luggage to the curb or to your car.

The baggage porters typically have a dedicated customs line that will get you out the door quicker. 

🌴

• Like 1