“I’m sorry you can’t book the water park pass because you have a cabana”

Hi 😀 

I read that the prices for the water park dropped so I went to the cruise planner and yes it was cheaper now. I have a cabana so I wasn’t interested in the water park but for that price why not. I tried to book it online and had an error called this morning and the lady on the phone told me that I could t book the water park due to time conflict. I told her I had the cabana and she insisted that I have a time conflict.

I'm going to call again in a few minutes, idk why but costumer service at royal is going down I had a guy telling me 3 weeks ago that I had to wait like 8 hrs before booking anything in the cruise planner that has being like that forever ( which is not true) 

Yes.  This is a very frustrating website interaction.  We have a Beach Bungalow booked for next month.  It is booked under my wife, so the system won't let her purchase any other Coco Cay option because she has a "time conflict."  I've had to cancel the bungalow whenever I want to purchase or re-price water park passes for her.  So, if you cancel the cabana and re-purchase the cabana with the water park pass, it will go through.  Fortunately the bungalow has always been on sale at the same time as the water park tickets, so I've come out ok.  But if the cabana is sold out or currently much more expensive, this really isn't an option for you.  I've cancelled and re-booked a lot of things in the months before our cruise.  I always assumed that calling would alleviate this problem.  Hearing that calling hasn't resolved your problem has to be very frustrating although not surprising given RCI's inconsistent customer service.  If cancelling the cabana and re-booking isn't an option, I'd call back and try again.  Ask to speak to a supervisor if they still can't get it done.  Someone there needs to realize that you can enjoy both  a cabana/bungalow and the water park in the same day.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

They consider things like a cabana or clamshell to be an "excursion"....even tho you are not chained to it!  They really need to train their people better.  Just wait until you get there to book the waterpark.....if you still want to do that.  Even a "floating mat" is considered an 'excursion". 

Just now, cb at sea said:

They consider things like a cabana or clamshell to be an "excursion"....even tho you are not chained to it!  They really need to train their people better.  Just wait until you get there to book the waterpark.....if you still want to do that.  Even a "floating mat" is considered an 'excursion". 

I booked a clamshell and mats a long time ago.  Today I was able to add waterpark passes with no problem.  Perhaps the issue is with cabanas only.

39 minutes ago, norway olin said:

I booked a clamshell and mats a long time ago.  Today I was able to add waterpark passes with no problem.  Perhaps the issue is with cabanas only.

I booked the mats when they were $10 each and it wont let me do the water park due to time conflict. 

what cabana do you have

"Some cabanas come with extra perks, too. If you reserve a cabana at Thrill Waterpark, you’ll enjoy complimentary entry to all of the slides and activities inside for up to six guests. "

• Like 1

Perhaps you could find someone on your roll call that has purchased a thrill park cabanna and you could switch off with them. I booked a Thrill Park cabana for just myself and my 9 year old granddaughter and plan on sharing my extra wristbands with someone who has extra wristbands for the beach cabana. That way my GD gets to experience both.....a win win for all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hftmrock said:

what cabana do you have

"Some cabanas come with extra perks, too. If you reserve a cabana at Thrill Waterpark, you’ll enjoy complimentary entry to all of the slides and activities inside for up to six guests. "

Per above ... maybe :classic_unsure: they are complimentary so no need to book The Thrill Waterpark. ???? 

9 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Per above ... maybe :classic_unsure: they are complimentary so no need to book The Thrill Waterpark. ???? 

Yup...Thrill Water Park Cabanas include admission to the full day water park. 

Heck...the cabanas are inside the Waterpark itself...right next to the wave pool. It's the best value for the $$$ on Coco Cay.

• Thanks 1

I had the same problem - had the jet skis tour and couldn’t get the water park pass because of “time conflict”. I called and the customer service agent WAS able to help me and booked it for me over the phone. RCI definitely has a network problem/bug with CocoCay they need to fix. For now sounds like you have to get the right service person on the phone. (I think my guy was named “Oliver”.)

20 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I thought the waterpark was included with the cabanas?

Only with certain cabanas.  We have the Chill Island cabana booked and it does not come with waterpark passes.  Those would be extra. 

• Like 1