Name Change

My fiance and I are getting married in August, and doing a cruise for our Honeymoon in February. I am officially at the point where I don't know what name to book things in post-wedding . How hard is it to change the name on a reservation, as long as it's the same person? Or should I just book our honeymoon cruise in my soon-to-be married name? 

We have just over 6 months between our wedding and our honeymoon, and I am confident all of my ID's will be in my married name by that point. I don't want to run into the issue of having to pay extra for a name change. 

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, hawaiissunshine1 said:

We have just over 6 months between our wedding and our honeymoon, and I am confident all of my ID's will be in my married name by that point. I don't want to run into the issue of having to pay extra for a name change. 

Thanks! 

If you are confident that your passport will be in your married name by the time you do your online check-in for your February cruise then book in your married name.

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

Book in only your future husbands name, leave your name as a tbd or tba... fill it in later once you get ids squared away.

Not a bad suggestion if they are booking at a Past Guest or Military fare.

If they are booking Early Saver, a TBA will trigger a $50 name change fee that the OP is looking to avoid.

4 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

Not a bad suggestion if they are booking at a Past Guest or Military fare.

If they are booking Early Saver, a TBA will trigger a $50 name change fee that the OP is looking to avoid.

I have never added the second passenger name at the time if booking and never been charged a fee to add it.

I guess experiences vary though.

8 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I have never added the second passenger name at the time if booking and never been charged a fee to add it.

I guess experiences vary though.

Booking with a solo name on the original reservation and and adding a second passenger name later, is a totally different scenario than booking 1 named passenger and naming the second passenger (TBA name) on the original booking.

44 minutes ago, AdGuyMG said:

Booking with a solo name on the original reservation and and adding a second passenger name later, is a totally different scenario than booking 1 named passenger and naming the second passenger (TBA name) on the original booking.

Thanks for clarifying. When I book I put in my own name, when I later check it has automatically added the the tbd or tba for the second passenger. Whatever that means to you.

Edited by Lottacruises

I have booked Early Saver several times with my sister.  It always lists the second passenger with my last name and TBA.  I go in to edit the info.  (The first time, I called Carnival and they did it without problem).  After that, I went in to edit her name,  doing the first name, then entering.  Then went back and changed the last name, and it accepted it.  You can't do it all in one step, because you can't change the whole name.  but you can get around it by doing it in two steps.  EM

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

Thanks for clarifying. When I book I put in my own name, when I later check it has automatically added the the tbd or tba for the second passenger. Whatever that means to you.

'Did you book early saver?

I booked Early Saver once and noticed that they had messed up the booking- listed me as Male and had the male derivative of my name (Patrick vs Patricia). I called Carnival and they made the changes immediately with no charge, no fuss. As someone said, since you're the same person, just the name has changed, it should not be an issue.

Personally, I'd book in my current name and change it to my married name later...

If you're really concerned, call Carnival and ask them- this must be a common situation and they should be able to recommend exactly how to proceed.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I have booked Early Saver several times with my sister.  It always lists the second passenger with my last name and TBA.  I go in to edit the info.  (The first time, I called Carnival and they did it without problem).  After that, I went in to edit her name,  doing the first name, then entering.  Then went back and changed the last name, and it accepted it.  You can't do it all in one step, because you can't change the whole name.  but you can get around it by doing it in two steps.  EM

Thats exactly the way I do mine. Even the mr and mrs, and the birthdays, change a little then save.

If people cant figure out they dont have to pay $50 to change a name from tba to their actual name then im not going to worry about it for them.