First time cruise with toddler - Marella Discovery 2

Hello,

I wondered if anyone is able to help please? It's our first time on a cruise and we are travelling with our 13 month old on the Discovery 2. We are wondering if the water is safe to drink from the tap for our little girl, or is there fresh drinking water available on the ship? Also is full fat whole milk available for my little one?? Or do I have to bring my own?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  While I have never sailed Marella, I can tell you that the water from the sink in your cabin will be safe to drink.  It is the same water they cook with, and pour at your table in the MDR.  I believe there will be several varieties of milk available.  On most lines, it is displayed at the buffet at breakfast, often in cartons and you can hoard some and keep it in your cabin fridge.  But for the best answers, so to the board here for Marella, located back on the main boards page under Cruise Lines A-O.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/388-marella-cruises-formerly-thomson/

Edited by Essiesmom

In addition to the Marella board, I recommend you check out the Family Cruises board for lots of hints on cruising with little ones:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/

Welcome to cruise critic and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!  Our daughter and son-in-law took our granddaughter on her first cruise when she was 11 1/2 months old.  It was just what they all needed - time off from work and spent with the baby just relaxing while being waited on hand and foot.  You will find that many crew members will spoil your daughter rotten - they miss spending time with their own children.