Cruise credits for becoming Elite

Go-Bucks!

I'd do a Search on this topic but I'm currently on a cruise with slow and limited Internet, so I'm hoping someone might have a quick answer to my question...thx in advance!

I'm currently Platinum, with 12 cruise credits.  I just booked as a solo on the 58 day South American cruise on the Island for next January which is also sold as 3 segments.  Will I just get the 2 cruise credits for being a solo in an oceanview for the entire 58 day trip or will I get 2 cruise credits for each segment?  If I get them for each segment, will I be considered Elite on the second and third segments (would earn #15 and 16 on the second segment) or just the third?

Please only give any answer if you actually know and are not guessing since the answer may help determine if I book a short cruise before this one in order to get more credits.

I can't call Princess for an answer since I'm currently on a non-Princess world cruise with no way to make phone calls (currently on our way to Yangon, Myanmar). 

Edited by Go-Bucks!

19 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm currently Platinum, with 12 cruise credits.  I just booked as a solo on the 58 day South American cruise on the Island for next January which is also sold as 3 segments.  Will I just get the 2 cruise credits for being a solo inNext an oceanview for the entire 58 day trip or will I get 2 cruise credits for each segment?  If I get them for each segment, will I be considered Elite on the second and third segments (would earn #15 and 16 on the second segment) or just the third?  You will get two credits for each segment. You only become elite after fully earning your 15th credit, so you can become elite for the third segment. You will probably have to speak with the Captain's Circle person to make that happen since if you are in the same cabin you will have a cruise card good for all three segments or if you are changing cabins, the card for the third segment will be made before you completed you second segment.

See the answer in red above

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, caribill said:

See the answer in red above

Thank you SO much!!  This is what I thought it might be...I remember reading this info on CC a long time ago but wanted to be sure.  I will be in the same cabin for the entire cruise.  Appreciate the prompt reply!

You should be able to see your future cruise credits to be earned if your cruise is booked, go into your cruise history in your princess.com profile and it should show how many credit you will earned. If the cruise is sold as 3 segments and you booked as single then it should show 6 credits, else when u get home called the land captain circle number to verify.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, voljeep said:

will we each get 2 credits for taking an 'upsell' to a suite - not an original suite booking ? - showing as one right now

Based on posts by others, a free upgrade does not get the additional credit, but a paid upsell will usually get it if you ask the right person at Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, voljeep said:

will we each get 2 credits for taking an 'upsell' to a suite - not an original suite booking ? - showing as one right now

I recently did an upsell to a suite. After the cruise, I contacted Princess and they did not change the cruise to "two" but rather added a separate sailing for that same cruise for an additional cruise credit. (so I did get two credits but my cruise history does not say "2" for that sailing)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Justprettynpink said:

I recently did an upsell to a suite. After the cruise, I contacted Princess and they did not change the cruise to "two" but rather added a separate sailing for that same cruise for an additional cruise credit. (so I did get two credits but my cruise history does not say "2" for that sailing)

Wow. Did they add a cruise that gave the same number of days at sea? If so that's actually better than simply getting two cruise credits.

30 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Wow. Did they add a cruise that gave the same number of days at sea? If so that's actually better than simply getting two cruise credits.

The one time in the past when I had to call to get a second credit for a second segment of a B2B booked as a single cruise, they did the same thing, added a new sailing with one cruise credit, but it had 0 days.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

The one time in the past when I had to call to get a second credit for a second segment of a B2B booked as a single cruise, they did the same thing, added a new sailing with one cruise credit, but it had 0 days.

Correct...mine also said "0" days

6 hours ago, caribill said:

That makes far more sense. I really couldn't see Princess adding extra days onto an account. It's a moot point for me as we will never be most traveled and after October won't be needing to "collect days" anymore.