Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

I ordered 2 the other night and put to Mom from Dad.  Used my Princess card. Got the cards pretty quickly.  The next night, I ordered two more and put to Su*** from CH***.  Used hubby's Princess card (same acct. different number).  Went through without a problem.  However, I have yet to receive the $50 bonus cards on either purchase. All were purchased electronically.

Check another category or folder in your email inbox for the $50.00 promo cards.  Mine came in our promotions section, rather than the main inbox that the regular gift cards arrived in.

1 hour ago, Cruisen Elf said:

Check another category or folder in your email inbox for the $50.00 promo cards.  Mine came in our promotions section, rather than the main inbox that the regular gift cards arrived in.

Right!  Been doing that....nothing yet.  🤔

On 4/29/2019 at 9:27 PM, Love2cruise77 said:

Yes, you can use it even if the reservation is booked through a travel agent

so, if you buy a card do you get it in the mail?  How do you use it to pay your travel agent for your trip?  (sorry in advance for this stupid question, but want to know what to do).  Thanks.

23 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

so, if you buy a card do you get it in the mail?  How do you use it to pay your travel agent for your trip?  (sorry in advance for this stupid question, but want to know what to do).  Thanks.

Tell your TA the card number info and that it is a gift card. It will work just like if you gave your TA a credit card number.

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Tell your TA the card number info and that it is a gift card. It will work just like if you gave your TA a credit card number.

Thank you so much.  I was kinda nervous after reading people not getting their cards.  

5 hours ago, richmke said:

Can you use the Gift Card to purchase Future Cruise Deposit on board? The form says the credit card on file will be charged.

How about unused OBC to purchase FCD?

Good question about using a gift card for the FCD. I do not know the answer, but I suspect it is possible.

You cannot use OBC to purchase an FCD as the FCD purchase does not go through your onboard account. They will just use the same credit card you have listed for the onboard account unless you request to use a different credit card (or maybe the gift card?) when you apply for the FCD.

5 hours ago, richmke said:

Can you use the Gift Card to purchase Future Cruise Deposit on board? The form says the credit card on file will be charged.

How about unused OBC to purchase FCD?

No can do ... not OBC, and I think the giftcard FAQs address the FCD as a NO 

On 5/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, mellon1 said:

I got the e-card, so not sure how it works with physical card.  As for travel agent, you just need to tell him/her the gift card number and pin...

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, suzyed said:

I ordered 2 the other night and put to Mom from Dad.  Used my Princess card. Got the cards pretty quickly.  The next night, I ordered two more and put to Su*** from CH***.  Used hubby's Princess card (same acct. different number).  Went through without a problem.  However, I have yet to receive the $50 bonus cards on either purchase. All were purchased electronically.

I ordered a card yesterday & it came quickly.  Haven't seen the bonus $50 card yet.  I emailed the support address, so hopefully they will send the bonus card to me.

53 minutes ago, shanecindy21403 said:

I got my 1000 gift card on Thursday. Still no bonus card. I've checked my spam and nothing there. She did say another department handles the bonus card. I've sent 2 emails to the support dept no answer so I'll be calling tomorrow.

Haven't received my bonus card either but I did receive an email saying they were very backed up with the promo and would get back to me as soon as they could.

26 minutes ago, shanecindy21403 said:

Hooray!!! My bonus card just showed up! 

Very nice. Remember it has an expiration date so be sure to apply it to something before the end of July. It doesn't have to be applied to cruise within that period - I applied my 3 as OBC on a cruise this October - but it does have to be "used" by the expiration date.

• Like 1

Our daughter still hasn't had the money returned to the account. She emailed the contact email to find out why her attempts to make a purchase were rejected and when the money would be returned.  The response she received is below.  Might be helpful for someone, of course that probably depends on whomever you reach when you call.

Good Day Ken,  (KEN?? Definitely not her name)

We apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing.  We have several checks in place to insure all orders are processed correctly and error free.  These checks are in place to make sure that the entire process, from accepting the order to its delivery, occurs flawlessly.  Should any of these checks fail we notify you that your order was not able to be completed and refund your credit card charge for that order.

If you continue to experience this issue, please contact Princess Gift Card Support at 1-855-426-0168. Option 1.  This should resolve any issues you may be having with your order being voided by purchasing over the phone.

Once purchased please email us back with both your voided confirmation numbers and your approved confirmation numbers. We will than build you a bonus card for $50 for every 1k you had purchased even though your approved confirmation was after the promo had ended.

Once more I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,

Melinda On Behalf of
Princess Cruises, Gift Card Support

Got a surprise in the mail today. The third $1,000 gift card finally arrived. I had actually kind of forgotten that it still hadn't been sent. D'Oh! Now I have $3k in gift cards sitting in my desk drawer. I'll hang onto them until closer to our cruise in October. For now, I'll just lock the desk while we leave Friday for our 15 day cruise tour to Alaska. 😍

On 5/13/2019 at 8:36 PM, Thrak said:

Very nice. Remember it has an expiration date so be sure to apply it to something before the end of July. It doesn't have to be applied to cruise within that period - I applied my 3 as OBC on a cruise this October - but it does have to be "used" by the expiration date.

Thrak, did you use your TA to apply as OBC?  I think I may do that too.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:51 PM, silversneakers said:

Haven't received my bonus card either but I did receive an email saying they were very backed up with the promo and would get back to me as soon as they could.

OK, get this!  I kept looking for my bonus cards after we purchased 4 gift cards.  When I still didn't get them after 3 days I went back and looked at my transactions and stupid me,  I forgot to put the promo code for the gift cards when I purchased them!!!  UGHHH!!!!  I had a sick feeling in my tummy!
I emailed them Sunday night and told them I forgot the code and SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!  They sent the bonus card to me today!!  I am so happy! And so pleased that Princess helped me out!  YAY!!!!

22 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Thrak, did you use your TA to apply as OBC?  I think I may do that too.

Nope. Just called Princess. Gave them the booking number, the e-card number, and the PIN. Very easy. No need to hassle my TA.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Nope. Just called Princess. Gave them the booking number, the e-card number, and the PIN. Very easy. No need to hassle my TA.

So you booked with a TA but got the gift cards and bonus cards added by Princess?

Edited by suzyed

42 minutes ago, suzyed said:

So you booked with a TA but got the gift cards and bonus cards added by Princess?

Sure. Why not? The MOM50 promo was available to anybody online. Once I had the bonus card info there was no reason for Princess not to simply apply it for me. Remember that one can purchase OBC in the personalizer. The issue there is the lack of an option to pay with a gift card. I simply used it like anybody else would. Not everything has to go through your TA. I also purchased a Princess excursion at Kenai Wilderness Lodge without involving my TA. It's easily done through the personalizer.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sure. Why not? The MOM50 promo was available to anybody online. Once I had the bonus card info there was no reason for Princess not to simply apply it for me. Remember that one can purchase OBC in the personalizer. The issue there is the lack of an option to pay with a gift card. I simply used it like anybody else would. Not everything has to go through your TA. I also purchased a Princess excursion at Kenai Wilderness Lodge without involving my TA. It's easily done through the personalizer.

Right on the bonus cards....but to apply the regular Gift Card you have to go through the TA, correct?

25 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Right on the bonus cards....but to apply the regular Gift Card you have to go through the TA, correct?

It depends. If I was going wild and applying a $1,000 gift card as OBC I could do it myself by calling Princess. You are correct though in regard to making a payment on a cruise. When it's closer to final payment in August or September or whenever it is I will have to go through my TA to apply the cards to the cruise balance. I don't mind. I like the free money I got for the promo. 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1