Wine

Ombud

41 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

one thing I would add..... on our next cruise will be taking a bottle or two of port on board...

I will pick one which looks like a bottle of red...

If you know someone who makes wine at home, you can have them cork the Port (or anything else) into a regular wine bottle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

Once again, I apologize for irritating you so will put you on ignore ..... suggest you do the same for me to lessen your irritation 

Still view CP as Caribbean Princess. 

Not to try to irritate you further but... If you go to the Princess web site you can click on the link for ships. When you click on a ship the designation that Princess has given each ship is included in the URL.

This is the link for Caribbean Princess: https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/

This is the link for Sea Princess: https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cp-sea-princess/

Princess simply has too many ships to make all of their abbreviations seem correct. Sea Princess had the designation of CP long before Caribbean Princess was even built. Some of the Princess abbreviations are really strange. Golden Princess is NI, Grand Princess is AP. The designation GP is actually assigned to Regal Princess which came out many years after Grand Princess. Odd...  I'm sure someone must know why these designations were assigned. Some make sense but, to me, others seem totally arbitrary. Here is a list so you can see for yourself what I mean. Like I said, some are hard for me to figure out... I can only surmise that, perhaps, the "obvious" designations were used in the past for ships I don't know about. We only started cruising in 2011.

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess
EP - Emerald Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess
GP - Regal Princess
RP - Royal Princess
RU - Ruby Princess
SA - Sapphire Princess
CP - Sea Princess
TP - Star Princess
SP - Sun Princess

MJ – Majestic Princess
YP – Sky Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

I thinking too many abbreviation.... one the companies I work for had a 70 page book on their abbreviations

We are a site dedicated to the relaxing idea of cruising.....  It wouldn't hurt   just to call the ship by name

Ie Majestic, Golden or Grand .....

Cheers Don.......  now which wine for dinner tonight ? 

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

Once again, I apologize for irritating you so will put you on ignore ..... suggest you do the same for me to lessen your irritation 

Still view CP as Caribbean Princess. 

Most people still recognize CP as the Caribbean Princess no matter which abbreviation you want to use.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I thinking too many abbreviation.... one the companies I work for had a 70 page book on their abbreviations

We are a site dedicated to the relaxing idea of cruising.....  It wouldn't hurt   just to call the ship by name

Ie Majestic, Golden or Grand .....

Cheers Don.......  now which wine for dinner tonight ? 

A major reason I generally use the name of the ship. It's really not difficult to type out the actual name and avoid confusion.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

A major reason I generally use the name of the ship. It's really not difficult to type out the actual name and avoid confusion.

In addition, typing it out helps first time Princess travelers.  The abbreviations can be confusing. 

Right just amuse people

I didn't know what LOL was.... for many years....I had to Google it....

and when I came to Cruise Critic I had to learn some new ones like is a MDR and IC and HC.....

Has it all gone this way due to texting ??   often at work instead of emailing I would go for biomail

and walk over and see them.... generally much quicker and you got the answer, and well as a bit exercise...

Now back on the topic of wine..... ( try to take port on board )

Next what about Food.... my question is salad dressing a small bottle of cream balsamic vinegar...

as on our next cruise is 26 nights and 12 port days on which we generally have lunch on board...

and love a salad but their dressing are not exciting thus the cream balsamic vinegar...

and also a small knife to cut fruit under 2 1/2" and thinner than 1/2"'  it is strange you get all this fruit and you need something to cut it......

Cheers Don

• 5 months later...

Just as an update of taking port on board instead of wine......

Have found a rather nice Muscat   which is 750ml in a wine style bottle.

removed the labels... scan labels from a bottle of red.... print on adhesive paper ..

stick on bottle.. bingo sealed bottle which looks like a bottle of red.

Cheers Don

yes I know it an old thread... but why start a new one..

Oh you ask why all the bother   a small glass of port is $16-$20  which is 10 glasses a bottle ( $160 + )

so two bottles would cost $320-400 on board so my cost $30  a saving of $290-370

so that is why...

Edited by getting older slowly
add some more