How to make a descriptive link

This is called creating a hyperlink.  Copy the URL of the web page you want to link to in your post, highlight the text in your post where you want the hyperlink to be created, click on the little link icon that appears at the top of your reply/posting box and paste the URL into the box that says URL, then click on "Insert into Post."   You can check whether you did this correctly by clicking on the the linked text and confirming that it opens the web page you wanted to link. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

This is called creating a hyperlink.  Copy the URL of the web page you want to link to in your post, highlight the text in your post where you want the hyperlink to be created, click on the little link icon that appears at the top of your reply/posting box and paste the URL into the box that says URL, then click on "Insert into Post."   You can check whether you did this correctly by clicking on the the linked text and confirming that it opens the web page you wanted to link. 

I think the OP was asking about when instead of just seeing the URL underlined as a link, you see the box including text and pictures of the link. I know when I have been on the desktop, it started giving me that; at first I saw an option to just post the URL, but now I don't see an option when I post, it just gives me the URL. One thing that I did notice was that you couldn't post the fuller link in an existing line; there it always defaulted to just the URL.

To the OP, whether it shows up as text and pictures of the link for just the URL as a link, it does the same thing.

6 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I think the OP was asking about when instead of just seeing the URL underlined as a link, you see the box including text and pictures of the link.

This happens automatically when one pastes the URL of a post.

On a Windows desktop, I hovered my mouse button over the post number, right clicked and selected Copy link address. I then positioned my edit cursor below this paragraph and typed Ctrl-V, (alternatively right-click Paste). The URL appeared and after a few seconds was replaced with the actual post.

4 hours ago, broberts said:

This happens automatically when one pastes the URL of a post.

On a Windows desktop, I hovered my mouse button over the post number, right clicked and selected Copy link address. I then positioned my edit cursor below this paragraph and typed Ctrl-V, (alternatively right-click Paste). The URL appeared and after a few seconds was replaced with the actual post.

I think they want this click here

Which is what Turtles described how to do

Edited by AlanF65

2 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I think they want this click here

Which is what Turtles described how to do

Yes that’s it. 

Sorry not to respond till now, busy day.  Thanks guys. 

Edited by teese