Question for 2020 World Cruisers

travelwell

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

BTW, great reminder about the trickle charger--will look into that, although first thought will be to get someone to use the car occasionally, maybe a neighbour.

Be careful if you have a hybrid. The trickle charger does not maintain the electrical battery. Thus, if you have a hybrid, the car still needs to be started (and run for a bit) periodically--every two weeks ideally but certainly at least once every 4 months.

13 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Be careful if you have a hybrid. The trickle charger does not maintain the electrical battery. Thus, if you have a hybrid, the car still needs to be started (and run for a bit) periodically--every two weeks ideally but certainly at least once every 4 months.

Meant to say 4 weeks, not 4 months.

15 hours ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Yes, there is  Roll Call in the CC Regent Roll Call Forum - in the Mariner Section: 2020 World Cruise . . .

Peggy

Thanks Peggy.  I thought that this thread was about the 2020 WC which is why I asked the question.  There are three WC's on the horizon (2020, 2021 and 2022) and I assume that they have Roll Calls as well.    If I had questions about a WC, that is where I think many people would go.  Perhaps someone should ask Host Dan to do a sticky for "General World Cruise" questions.  That would be helpful.  

Hi Jackie,

I don't really think it matters much about where the general questions are asked - my best guess is that people interested in the WC in general read all four threads - the one in this forum and the three in the Roll Call Forum.

I guess if it is a very cruise-specific question, it needs to be in the cruise-specific thread but other than that, it's open.

Peggy

At least one sticky could be removed and replaced by the WC Questions.  At one point we had three WC threads going simultaneously.  Wouldn't it be easier to have one place to look for answers (for people pondering whether or not they are interested in a WC.). Roll Calls are great but you have to weed through them to find answers to questions that one may have.  This would put all questions in the same place.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2019 at 7:03 PM, Travelcat2 said:

While I am not on this (or any other) World Cruise, just want to say that Art Instructor2 is an amazing woman.  She used to run the arts and crafts on Regent and did a great job.  Hope that you all get to meet her!

Travelcat2, 

What a kind and generous compliment!  I am so touched!   

While I am not teaching art on the 2020 World Cruise, (I am simply kicking back to enjoy the cruise), I will likely invite guests to join me for some informal sketching...sort of like a "sewing bee."   I'll bring some extra art supplies, but encourage anyone who might be interested in drawing to bring 90 lb. paper sketch pads and pencils. Please contact me for specific list of great supplies to have on hand for creative sea days.  

Thank you so much for your sweet words.  You made my day!

Marcia

Art Instructor2

16 minutes ago, indigosea said:

Hello Marcia

I would like to join up with you for sketching at sea. Will have my materials too.

We board in San Francisco and will be almost World Cruisers!  Where would you likely be on the Mariner?  Cheers!

Hello indigosea,

I'm delighted to hear from you!  

Please be sure to bring "B" pencils: 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B and a kneaded eraser, plus, whatever else you have in your art bag.  I'm not sure where I will settle in to draw, but will make that decision once on board.  Perhaps the cruise director will allow us a designated space for our "sewing bee" on sea days.  Please reach out to me in Suite 1071.  

I am looking forward to meeting you!  

Best,

Marcia

Hey Marcia @Art Instructor2 do I remember you (and Harry) from the old days on board the Voyager WC ?  If so, I'm glad you are back on board, even if, sadly, our paths won't cross on board this time 😥   Never mind...fingers crossed for another time. 

7 hours ago, Gilly said:

Hey Marcia @Art Instructor2 do I remember you (and Harry) from the old days on board the Voyager WC ?  If so, I'm glad you are back on board, even if, sadly, our paths won't cross on board this time 😥   Never mind...fingers crossed for another time. 

Hi Gilly!,

Both Harry and I are thrilled to be remembered!  Thank you!  We're also delighted to be sailing on the Mariner for the 2020 WC.  I do hope our paths cross again!  Wishing you the best!

Cheers!

Marcia

7 hours ago, Art Instructor2 said:

Both Harry and I are thrilled to be remembered!

How could we forget that 4x4 desert drive and evening show in your company?!  Do pass on regards from Mark and myself and here's hoping you are on the '21 WC! (Still have that embroidery I did in your group!)

23 hours ago, Gilly said:

How could we forget that 4x4 desert drive and evening show in your company?!  Do pass on regards from Mark and myself and here's hoping you are on the '21 WC! (Still have that embroidery I did in your group!)

Our best to Mark!  What an extraordinary event!  I'd love to see you again and create more art!

Best,

Marcia