Measels on Ship

Owned by the "Church of scientology" ?  That in itself sounds a little sketchy. That is not your normal cruiseline. Probably never got vaccinated, which seems to be the theme when over 80% of measles victims never got the shots. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

Owned by the "Church of scientology" ?  That in itself sounds a little sketchy. That is not your normal cruiseline. Probably never got vaccinated, which seems to be the theme when over 80% of measles victims never got the shots. 

I agree that it's not your normal cruise line but it could very well happen on any cruise line.  

• Thanks 1

She usually moves among Cartagena, Aruba, and Curacao.  Didn't think she went as far east as St. Lucia.  She never visits the US.  Probably couldn't pass a Coast Guard inspection.  Also rumored to be full of asbestos.  EM

2 hours ago, judycruiser said:

Ship is the Freewinds owned by Church of Scientology.  She is the former Boheme.  Normally, she is docked in Aruba.  She's  the tiny old ship next to the newer ships.

Yup, she was in Aruba when we were there last Jan. 

0117191356.jpg

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I agree that it's not your normal cruise line but it could very well happen on any cruise line.  

Kinda impressed it hasn't gotten onto a regular cruise ship yet!

• Like 1

The regular large cruise lines in most cases disinfect there ships constantly and are constantly asking all to disinfect and wash there hands. many now require you to wash your hand before entering the buffet and also supply disinfectant as you walk into any dining area. They do not want you to get sick nor do they. However stubborn passengers are always there. I see many just walking by the sinks and the people giving disinfectant. I also see those at the entrance telling people to wash there hands and will not let them into the buffet unless they do. Some get real mad. To bad. Wash you hands. A buffet is a place were there are problems no matter what you do. I have seen children even grown ups pick there nose, pick there teeth and then reach out and take, with there hands, something off of the buffet. However, no passenger knows what goes on in the kitchens on the ship either. You just take precautions if you do not want to get sick. We take wipes and do a cleaning in our state room before we unpack. At the elevators. I use my knuckle not the index finger.You never know do you? Be safe better than being sorry.