Michael Jackson show on the Seaside?

#1TravelMom

I am wondering if I saw a different show than everyone else...although I was on the 4/27 sailing toledo cruiser was on. There were 2 people playing MJ - one only did Dirty Diana, which was great and the "acrobatics" during that song were amazing. However the other guy was very stiff. He seems like a pop locking MJ, or more like his sister Janet. He focused more on MJ poses instead of the smoothness of the dancing. The way the songs were mixed also made no sense (to me).

But I'm obviously in the minority here :)

On 5/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, alyssamma said:

I am wondering if I saw a different show than everyone else...although I was on the 4/27 sailing toledo cruiser was on. There were 2 people playing MJ - one only did Dirty Diana, which was great and the "acrobatics" during that song were amazing. However the other guy was very stiff. He seems like a pop locking MJ, or more like his sister Janet. He focused more on MJ poses instead of the smoothness of the dancing. The way the songs were mixed also made no sense (to me).

But I'm obviously in the minority here 🙂

I went to the 945 show.  I agree the song mix was odd.  As for the dancing, you may be right.  I only expected Michael Jackson-ish, so I wasn't disappointed. 😅 I was more impressed that the production dancers were on point and had the moves and timing to match the main dancer. Of course I may have been caught up in the crowd enthusiasm as the audience was definitely "into" the show. 
Jim

2 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Any other “don’t miss” shows?

We went to all both times we sailed and they were great (to us at least!  YMMV).  Whatever, don't miss the Friday show, and you may want to consider the crew talent show (on Thursday).  Really some talented people in the wings.

2 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Any other “don’t miss” shows?

Any duds?

At DFW Airport right now - boarding tomorrow.  

Thanks. 

Have fun.  As far as shows, it all really depends what you like.  We went to all the regular night shows and thought they were good but didn't really care for My Life in Music but you may like it and find the other ones not so good.

Just think, in 24 hours, you'll be getting pampered.

ETA:  The shows aren't super long so it is not like you've invested a lot of time if one isn't to your liking.  They are around 35-40 minutes.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Don't remember there being a crew talent show when we sailed Seaside last month.

We sailed in March the last few years, and the had them both times.  Maybe its quarterly, or just pure chance.

In our last sailing, it was after the last show on Thursday, since there was no Adult Beer Prov that night, I think.  Didn't save the programs from our sailing (the week of March 2nd)

5 hours ago, JAGR said:

We went to all both times we sailed and they were great (to us at least!  YMMV).  Whatever, don't miss the Friday show, and you may want to consider the crew talent show (on Thursday).  Really some talented people in the wings.

Thanks!  I have always gone to the crew shows on other lines.  So much fun. 

1. We just got off today (5/11) and saw the MJ show last night.  Like all shows on Seaside, they have no orchestra and the music is pre-recorded, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't really poor quality, like it's running an rpm too slow I think in most of the shows the singers were actually singing along, but with MJ it's mostly (or all) lip synching with old recordings of MJ.   The show is short so only a few songs are covered. The dancing was good enough, I'd say like a really good high school production. I might have enjoyed it more, but it's been so over hyped that it ended up being a let down. 

17 hours ago, theEvilQueen2 said:
  1. We just got off today (5/11) and saw the MJ show last night.  Like all shows on Seaside, they have no orchestra and the music is pre-recorded, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't really poor quality, like it's running an rpm too slow I think in most of the shows the singers were actually singing along, but with MJ it's mostly (or all) lip synching with old recordings of MJ.   The show is short so only a few songs are covered. The dancing was good enough, I'd say like a really good high school production. I might have enjoyed it more, but it's been so over hyped that it ended up being a let down. 

Yeah, we all thought of the singing to recording on Divinia but at least on Seaside they seemed to do a better job.