Gross question - but here it goes -

Always bring a cheap spray bottle of men's body spray for the cabin bathroom....I never use my 'good stuff' ! ...Wife

doesn't care, as long as I use 'something' !....Just had my second cup this morning, gotta go !...

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, FLgal0214 said:

Just got off Brillance Of The Seas.  Beautiful ship.  Yes it's small but it makes getting around very easy.  We had a great time.  But a question -  Quite a few of the public restrooms smelled disgusting.  I noticed it in the women's restrooms.  Forgot to ask my Husband if he noticed it in the Men's restrooms.  What is it with people not going to their own cabin to USE the restroom, if you get what I mean.  The ship is small. It takes less then a few minutes to get to your cabin.  The Solarium women's bathroom constantly smelled, the women's restroom in the Schooner Bar and the restroom outside the MDR also smelled horrible. Why doesn't RCL put air freshner's in the public restrooms?  Also why can't people use their own cabin for that?  

I have a question too?  Why are you using the public restrooms and not your cabin?  I mean, if "smell" in a restroom bothers you, than I would think you would avoid it.  From my personal experience, most public bathrooms smell.

I can't believe this is a real thread.... people are complaining that others are using public restrooms to use the restroom. Wow. Just wow. If I have to take a s*** and I'm not in my cabin I'm using the nearest toilet. Don't care how long I can "hold it." Call me disrespectful all you like... its a bathroom and it is meant to be used not admired.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rbschultz said:

I can't believe this is a real thread.... people are complaining that others are using public restrooms to use the restroom. Wow. Just wow. If I have to take a s*** and I'm not in my cabin I'm using the nearest toilet. Don't care how long I can "hold it." Call me disrespectful all you like... its a bathroom and it is meant to be used not admired.

Maybe is a guy/gal thing? When guys have to go they go. I think it stems from Napoleon's defeat at the hands of the Duke of Wellington in 1815. At the precise time of Wellington's attack, Napoleon was going # 2 back in his command tent and was not up at the front to lead his troops. Well, the rest is history. 😢

So, please use those public bathrooms and don't let your fear of those bad smells become your very own WaterLOO! ☺️

Edited by DirtyDawg

14 hours ago, Artemus said:

Maybe RCCL should start charging for using the public restrooms. That would make people go back to their cabins more.

Introducing the new experience, exclusively with Royal:

The Ultimate Poop Package! Enjoy the brown seas with virtually unlimited bathroom options on your vacation. Wake up with a bowel movement in one of our exclusive, premium lounges, then keep the party going late into the night with our roving port-o-potties that show up outside every major event on board. Never have to step foot in your cabin restroom ever again!

* Also includes a one time token to use the Captains Bathroom (10 minutes max).

Book now for 20% off onboard pricing!!!

Adults: $29.99/pp per day

Children: $26.99/pp per day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, chengkp75 said:

The Advanced Waste Water Treatment Plants on cruise ships are really nothing more than an accelerated septic tank.  It works exceptionally well, but it's not rocket science.  The toilets are equally simple, three moving parts:  a pneumatic timing device, a water valve and a discharge valve.

Wish we had that on our Navy ships.....ours relied on firemain pressure.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, johnjen said:

Consider two important things:

1. Consider the amount of defecation that occurs on any ship. There WILL be odors.
2. Consider the engineering behind controlling the amount of poop being treated and the piping, commodes, etc. 

Interesting topic, but you have to marvel at the situation. You're on a ship with many others who poop 2-4 times a day. 

True, maybe something old is new again, lets have a "Poop" Deck...

15 hours ago, QueenofKrakatoa said:

Image result for poopourriJust use this and take it in your purse.

That's the funny part. Many are surprised at this topic though it and this item have been on here for years...

Edited by ONECRUISER

15 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

It’s my understanding that sometimes this is  cultural thing. Some cultures just don’t flush. No

doubt it’s gross. 

Like years ago when was camping where water is also scarce. If Yellow let it Mellow, Brown flush it down...

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

Wish we had that on our Navy ships.....ours relied on firemain pressure.

Yes, but you also didn't have a treatment plant (the old "dump and pump" system of sending it overboard), nor did you have the vacuum pumps required to provide the "motive force" around the ship to move the "product" to the treatment plant.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Yes, but you also didn't have a treatment plant (the old "dump and pump" system of sending it overboard), nor did you have the vacuum pumps required to provide the "motive force" around the ship to move the "product" to the treatment plant.

Yep. CHT was dumped over the side soon as we'd clear charlie buoy. Toilets were often unclogged by our HT's using their arms.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:10 PM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

#1-pee

#2-poop

I cant believe you've never heard it referred to that way.🤣

As for using the bathroom, they are meant to be used. Why wouldn't I use them? Why also would 1 stink up my own tiny cabin when I can stink up the ladies room by the windjammer? 

Amen to that!!!

• Haha 1

This confuses me.  I have only been on one cruise and didn't use the public restrooms much but....I would think the opposite of you.  If I am in a small cramped cabin with a tiny bathroom with a thin door between the two and in there with another person (I am cruising with my cousin/best friend), I would think courtesy would dictate going to the public restroom for the less pleasant olfactory episodes so as not to punish them in the room.  The public rooms are typically bigger with better scent control.  Just my $0.02 

• Like 1

New personal goal:  Any time I cruise, I'm going to make a point to do every "#2" possible in a public restroom. 

The fact that there are this many people here who get worked up about this is but the latest confirmation that the cruising demographic is loaded with a lot of people who really best not ever leave their house....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Clarea locked this topic