Priority embarkation, what is it? Where do I go?

Po.

Hello, I'm new to cruising and I have a cruise embarking tomorrow from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro). I have priority embarkation but I am embarrassed to admit that I don't know what that really means. I assume I get to board first, so do I pass the long snaking line, and where do I go instead? I'm coming from out of town. If I arrive after boarding has begun, do I still get to pass the line? Will there be signs for priority or VIP or something? I don't want to look like an ass trying to jump the line, lol. 

Princess

I didn't realize it would matter. So each cruise line has a different way to handle priority embarkation?

Edited by Po.

25 minutes ago, Po. said:

Hello, I'm new to cruising and I have a cruise embarking tomorrow from Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro). I have priority embarkation but I am embarrassed to admit that I don't know what that really means. I assume I get to board first, so do I pass the long snaking line, and where do I go instead? I'm coming from out of town. If I arrive after boarding has begun, do I still get to pass the line? Will there be signs for priority or VIP or something? I don't want to look like an ass trying to jump the line, lol. 

There are many types of priority boarding; and some have more than others! Just tell them the basis for your priority and ask them where to go.

I haven't embarked in San Pedro for 10 year but Princess pretty much does this the same everywhere.

Once inside the terminal there will be three separate lines for check in.

1. Elite Captains Circle members and Full Suite/Club Class Mini Suite passengers
  2. Platinum Captains Circle members
  3. Everyone else.

If you arrive before boarding has started those in Category no. 1 above will be assigned one of the first boarding group numbers, and have a separate waiting area. If you arrive after the first groups have boarded you will simply go straight to the gangway after check in. (I don't recall if Security is before or after check in there).

As you are a newbie but still entitled to priority boarding I assume you have booked a Full Suite or Club Class Mini Suite. Just have your printed boarding pass out before you get to the doorway and show the green banner across the top designating you as in the first group to the first staff member you come across and you will be pointed through the process.

It's really very easy. Once you are inside the terminal, just show your boarding pass to the Princess person who is directing passengers to the various check-in lines. They will point you to the correct one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for the replies. As it happened, I arrived so early that I checked in so fast and got on board so quickly there was no need to seek priority anything.

• Like 1